I Was Robbed!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Falkler, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Scott Falkler

Scott Falkler Second Unit

I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma between Peoria and Riverside and between 41st and 51st.
    I was on vacation and just got back to find my XBox and ALL of my games (for all systems) gone!
    I had around 47 games total (30+ PS2, 10 GC and 6-7 XBox games.)
    But that's all they took!
    If anyone has any clues give me an email...

2. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

Keep an eye on ebay for someone selling your stuff!

3. Ken Ingram

Ken Ingram Stunt Coordinator

IF they Just took the Games and nothing else It sounds like some neighbor kids. Call police and Ins company If you haven't already.

4. pitchman

pitchman Screenwriter

Gary
    Scott, didn't you mention a while back that you were playing Steel Battalion? I hope they didn't make off with that, too. Yikes! [​IMG]

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Just hope its a prank by a loved one.

6. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

Hey, I'm from OKC, but I know that the "Vintage Stock" stores up there in Tulsa sell a bunch of used games. Might check with the guys there (or at some of the other re-sell stores), and see if you come across anything.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. That sucks!

7. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

actually most bulgalaries involve people you know(of course not always). I would make a log on who's ever been in your house the last few months, specifically playing your games. then try to branch who they know and who they may of told off. They KNEW you were taking a vacation, you don't walk around with a sign saying that. Call friends and try to talk to each of them casually first to see if they accidentely bring it up w/out you saying anything. At this time of year, plus since you went on vacation, those two equal the highest chance of being robbed.

8. Leslie W

Leslie W Stunt Coordinator

This kind of thing just reinforces my thinking of finding a way to mark all our consoles and games somehow. I don't know how to do the games yet without ruining them for any future resale value though.

9. BrianB

BrianB Producer

10. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Damn Scott sorry to hear about your troubles.

Did they happen to take any of your rarer stuff?

Be sure and call GameXchange today and Mauks. Also regularly check the pawn shops. I had a bunch of CDs stolen a while back and I found them all at a used CD store, the theif was dumb enough to sell them all back at one place at the sametime! The store was forced by the police to return my stolen property to me.

11. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

I had my Xbox and games stolen a couple of months ago, and I gave the police the serial number and they put it into their computer systems. They told me that if the burglar decided to pawn it off, they would know because the pawn shops are required to put in the serial numbers of things in their computer. Well, the burglar actually pawned it off, and they found him and arrested him, and I get to go testify against him in court on January 20th.

The legal system actually works!!

There is hope!

12. Brian Mello

Brian Mello Stunt Coordinator

Check the Pawn Shops. I believe by law they are required to hold items sold to them for 72hrs. You may get lucky! Good Luck!

13. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I was robbed during last Christmas break. My roommate and I returned to our dorm room to find the door locked but the window open and my Vega, Onkyo reciever, all 5 of our speakers, sub, cd changer, and computer monitor all stolen. $1600 bucks worth of stuff gone. Luckily, my parent's homeowners insurance covered me so I was only out $250 for the deductible. However, we later found out that the thief or thieves had held onto a building master key from when the building was being built(it opened in August of 2001). The university never changed the locks so the thieves just walked in and took what they wanted and relocked the doors. Some kids had their computer towers stolen!Luckily my powermac was safely at home with me. Anyhow, the school claimed they were not responsible despite the negligence of allowing a master key to be among the general public. We called the papers and sent angry emails to Residential Life and finally were given a meeting with the complex manager. He gave us forms to fill out to file claims with the state(since it is a state university). All I was looking to get back was my $250 deductible. Well low and behold over the summer I get a letter from the Assistant Attorney General saying that "the state cannot be held responsible for the criminal actions of individuals" [​IMG] Dick Blumenthal and your cronies. When I'm a billionare you won't be getting any soft money from me [​IMG]

14. Steve K.H.

Steve K.H. Supporting Actor

15. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I had the same thing happen many years ago with a BUNCH of Nes games. Depressing...

16. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Scott sorry to hear...... about a year ago I had every single Cd (around 250 or so) that I owned stolen from my house and thats it! Come to find out later that it was one of my friends!! Keep searching..... hope it all works out in the end

17. Don

Don Second Unit

Dave Bennett have the school take the system off the Master Key system and have the locks re-keyed with a master key system it is much easier to enter a site with a master key system i've been doing locksmithing for 19 years now. plys to the person who orignally posted this information how did they get in are there any signs of forced entry or was someone in there that could of left a window unlocked or have a extra key. Don

18. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Don,
    We realized we were robbed when we came back on Sunday and they changed the locks on all the rooms that Friday. The only way I can think of is that it was either construction or maintenence workers. There were some problems with the heating and cooling systems in alot of the rooms so all of the rooms had people come in and adjust the heat ducts. Perhaps that was when they scoped it out. Alternatively, since it seems they had all the time in the world, maybe they just looked in all the rooms that were on the ground floor(as mine was) and just snagged the best stuff from those rooms. There were no signs of forced entry. One window was open (which was closed, locked and hand the shade closed when we left for break) but there is a large metal cage around it that was not moved at all. Also my roommate's desk was right in front of the window and nothing on it was moved even an inch. They came in through the door there's no doubt about it. Somebody screwed up and let a master key go into the wrong hands. What really pisses me off about the whole incident is that even though we followed procedure(locked door, windows, lowered shades, etc) we got nabbed and yet the school won't even reimburse me for my deductible. $250 may not seem like alot to some people but to a college student, it's a small fortune.

19. Don

Don Second Unit

Dave it sucks that happened to you. i do think there is Negligence in this Case since someone gave out a Masterkey System even if the locks were changed that same Master key could still control the locks even if they were changed they need to change or get rid of that Master Key and give you the feeling of Security again and maybe call a Lawyer. Don,

20. John Royster

John Royster Screenwriter

Damn Scott. That sucks. [​IMG]
    Sounds like you've gotten some good advice. Really makes me want to take photos of all my games/media/home theater for insurance purposes. I can't even imagine how much is in those media racks.