I was boiling an egg today and...................

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_D, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

.... I came back 8 minutes after putting it on, and the yoke was separated from the egg, solidified in a perfect ball bobbing up and down on the scalding hot water. Upon closer examination, I couldn't find a single hole in the egg!
    [​IMG] If there was one it must've been no larger than a pin-hole - undetectable by the human eye!
    There must be ghosts in my house. [​IMG] Spooky huh?

2. Mike boettner

Mike boettner Stunt Coordinator

Sounds like a haunted egg to me!!Something weird happened to me yesterday. When the family and I got back home from Lilo and Stich I went to let the dogs back in the house. Well, only the bigger lab was out there. I looked around the yard and my beagle was nowhere to be found! And the gate was shut. So I fear the worst, that someone STOLE my dog! I ride my bike around the neighborhood and ask people if they have seen him. Some people at the park said they saw him about 25 minutes ago. well after about 40 minutes of looking, I return home. I open the door and guess who was there, my dog!!! the wife went outside to see where I went and our dog walked up to the house!!!!!!I still have know idea how he got out and I still think someone took him out.
    Well, it was weird to me[​IMG]
    Mike

3. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Mike,
    My cat can literally walk through walls.
    On several occasions when I know for a fact she's outside I've unsuccessfully called her to come inside, only to later find her already snoozing on the bed.

4. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

5. James_A

James_A Stunt Coordinator

There's a decent sci-fi book that talks about this property of cats.... Called "The cat who walks through walls", and they believe that it's based on Schrodinger's uncertanty principle [​IMG]. Who knows....
    I was watching tv, and thought that I heard a baby crying in the show which didn't make a lot of sense... When I heard it again, I saw it was a strange cat that had just walked into my room from nowhere.... no doors were open, no holes in the house... odd indeed. Besides, I don't have any pets!
    Jim

6. Mike boettner

Mike boettner Stunt Coordinator

I wonder if Beagles can do the same thing? although this was the first time that has happened. now as I think about, my dog is pretty much half cat, so that would explain why he cant do it all the time![​IMG]
    Mike

7. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    So if cats can walk through walls, and the yolk of the egg got out were you boiling a cat egg?[​IMG]

8. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Whoa! I think I'm going to get a cat just to test this phenomenon. Mmyes, very peculiar!
    Jim, that's one freaky story. Had you ever even seen the cat before? Maybe cats don't have total control over where they teleport to! [​IMG]

9. James_A

James_A Stunt Coordinator

I hadn't seen it before, but have several times since.... I know my neighbor feeds it, but I have no idea how it got inside... unless it was sleeping in my house for at least 12 hours before hand, because I hadn't gone out since I had come in the night before....

Jim

10. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

11. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Happenned again today--Fiona went outside just before I went to work today, and wouldn't come back in. I worried about her all day as it was 104 today. I got home from work and let the dog out with instructions to find the cat and ask her to come back in (Margo the dog takes these instructions very seriously as she's part Corgi and a great little herding animal).

I went into the bathroom and turned on the shower, and on the way to let Margo back in, Fiona strolled out of the living room and demanded her "daddy's home from work" treat!! All doors and windows were tightly shut from the time I let the dog out.

Gotta go look thru my sci-fi book collection and see if I can find my copy of Heinlein's "The Cat Who Could Walk Through Walls".

12. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Steve, that's one interesting cat. Kind of freaky! [​IMG]

13. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Re: Cats walking through walls.
    One of the very few Poe stories I read is about one of those. Spooky! [​IMG]
    --
    Holadem

14. JohnAD

JohnAD Cinematographer

Apparently, cats learn teleportation when they become adults, because our new 4-mo. old kitten Ryo-Ohki keeps getting himself stuck in our bathroom by closing the door. I don't think I even want to know what he's doing.

John.

15. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    Poor Paul. He started a thread about an egg phenomenon, and now it's been turned into a cat thread.
    I guess the yolk's on him! [​IMG]
    -------------
    Okay, I'll be quiet now.

16. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Yeah, but im still amazed at the fact that paul's egg did that! Anybody know how this could happen?!

17. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

I've been thinking about that too. What I'm going to do is slightly puncture an egg with a sewing needle and boil the baby for 8 minutes and see what happens. I'll let all of you know in about 15 minutes. I'm guessing this makes me another John Nash.

18. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Only a little egg white seeped through. Darn. I was hoping I had my 10 year old daughter's science project for next year.:b

19. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

20. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer