I want to support our sponsors! (in-wall speaker wire)

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Eric_L, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...t=speaker+wire

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...t=speaker+wire

both these threads tell me to get in-wall rated speaker wire. I would prefer to get it from a HTF sponsor than anywhere else. (Not to mention the only two places nearby that may have it are HD and CC)

Blue Jeans Cable seems to be the only sponsor that offers cable of any length, but it does not seem they are in wall rated. Is there a sponsor who offers this or should I just go local? I'm only getting about 100', but still, I like to support when I can.

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Eric,

It’s admirable that you want to support our sponsors, but most of them do terminated cabling. Typically, in-wall speaker cable is unterminated and sold by the foot or spool. Your best bet is probably to get it at your local hardware store or maybe Parts Express.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. KurtBJC

KurtBJC Agent

All of our Belden speaker wire is in-wall rated, actually. The only one we carry that isn't in-wall rated is the Canare 4S11.

If you need more detail on what these ratings mean, there's an article on our site: In-wall speaker cable ratings

Kurt
    Blue Jeans Cable

4. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

Cool, thanks Kurt, I'll check out the article.

Eek! Just looked at it. I think it is a bit above me. Running wire in walls and ceiling. Brain overload... Must - go read -pee-shiver thread now.