I want to run wire in ceiling/wall to rear speakers...

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Todd Alexander, May 2, 2003.

1. Todd Alexander

Todd Alexander Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know of any guides online that will assist me with this? I have the courage, but not the knowledge.

Basically I need to run about 40 feet of wire to the rear speakers, going over a vaulted ceiling and half way down the rear wall. I don't really know what my strategy should be when starting a project like this. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

-Todd

2. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Dont forget to run 3 sets of speaker wires so you are ready for that rear-center speaker.

4. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

Todd, I don't want to second guess you, but I assume that it is not convenient or possible to run wire down the wall, through the floor, along a basement ceiling and then back up to the wall where you want the rear speakers? Might be easier than trying to go over a vaulted ceiling.

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

that pdf file is sweet! also, once you get into the nitty-gritty, be sure to visit (and search) the ht construction forum - lots of stuff on this topic.

here's an example:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...by=&sortorder=

i just moved into a new home myself and will be doing something like this...sooner or later. for now, i'm only running my fronts....and it is KILLING ME!