What's new

I want to replace my DVD Panasonic A115 (1 Viewer)

Dick Garwood

Auditioning
I am looking to replace my Panasonic DVD A115 which I purchased 3 years ago. What would be a good replacement in the $200-$300 range. Will I see much improvement in the picture quality? I am using a 36 JVC TV.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dick, the Panasonic DVD-RP82 has been getting a lot of good press here lately. You should be able to find it for around $230. It offers DVD-Audio playback as a bonus. Also, check out the Sony DVP-NS755V for $250. It offers SACD playback as a bonus. Both players offer progressive-scan output, should you upgrade to an HDTV down the road. For more information on these two players and others in your price range, go to www.crutchfield.com .

Dick Garwood

Auditioning
Thanks Keith. Do you think I will see an improvement in the picture quality over the A115? Generally do the newer DVD players have better picture quality than those earlier machines?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dick, improvements have been made over the past few years in picture quality just in interlaced mode (i.e., not considering the proliferation of progressive-scan output). I think you will see an improvement in going to the Panasonic 'RP82 or Sony 'NS755V.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks