What's new

I want to make a subwoofer ( I need Help ) Thanks (1 Viewer)

Williams16

Grip
Real Name
Guillermo Bethancourt
I got three speaker 2 of 12" and one of 17". I have some information about subwoofers, also I want to learn more.

First I want to build a subwoofer with the speakers I have but I don´t know any information of this speaker (fb,Q, etc.). I want an aproximation of the volume for the box, the vent lengh and wathever I need to begin my proyect.

Only information I have is that I get this two 12" sub from an audio system of my bro, and it was playing 40Hz low in a 67.2 L box; I want to play it around 17-20 Hz.

I really want to make a subwoofer if someone could help me in any way I will be grateful. thankssss

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
There's a world of difference between 20Hz and 40Hz. If it was deemed useful only to 40Hz, there's very little chance it will give you any reasonable output to 20Hz without bottoming. Plus there's no way to know what box size or tuning to shoot for without any data on the woofers.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but this just isn't the way to start a successful project. You didn't even post this in the right forum area (hint: DIY = Do It Yourself).

Williams16

Grip
Real Name
Guillermo Bethancourt
Thank for recommendation Ryan but it is only for practice, later I will buy a successful driver for a good Home theater subwoofer.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If it is practice for just building a sub, then that's great. Just pick a box size and build. It is not practice for properly designing a sub since you don't have the necessary parameters to even start.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks