I want to hear....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jonathan T, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Jonathan T

Jonathan T Second Unit

And feel bass. Not just frequencies in the audable range but below 20hz. I just want to know if I can get this kinda performance from a 20-39 PCi?

2. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

Have you considered a bass shaker?

3. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

4. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

No problems with my SVS 25-31PCi in my ...
    • HT Room is 20' x 30' (20' x 20' is a cement foundation w/oak flooring) w/10' high vaulted ceiling.
    My REFERENCE Calibrated**, SVS 25-31PCi has impressive LFE sub-sonic power to move air (pant leg), couch, floor, walls and cleanly reproduce those lower frequency without directing attention to itself is just glorious!!
    **FYI: REF Calibrated using Video Essentials 'dedicated' LFE test tone = 81 dB AVG (where the highest swing of the RS SPL Meter needle just touches 83 dB & lowest swing touches 79 dB). Rest of my speakers = 75 dB
    If the relatively small SVS 25-31PCi can do the above, ... the SVS 20-39PCi should perform equally well!
    NOTE: Because my website is 'FREE', hosted by GeoCities, if too many HT enthusiasts visit, GeoCities will shut it down for an hour or so because it exceeded the specified 'freebie' Data Transfer Rate. Sorry about that, just bookmark it and visit my site an hour later or when everyone has gone to bed!
    Phil

5. Steve Raimand

Not sure what you are using currently but I heard and felt clean and powerful bass that I had never heard and felt before when my 20-39PCi was added to the mix. If you have used a lower end subwoofer you will be amazed by how the muddiness will be eliminated. As much as I love mine for movies I felt it was an incredible improvement on music as well.