What's new

I want to go both ways.... (1 Viewer)

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Direct tv and dish that is...I currently have dish networks 6000 with a dish 500 and 18 inch dish for the 61.5 sat...I want HD net from direct tv and want to add a direct tv HD receiver...I read where some guys are using the dish 500 to get both the 119 birds from both dish and direct tv where direct tv has the HD channels..Can anyone tell me how to connect this..

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you have a Dish500 with a Twin or Quad LNB, you just add a passive/DC block splitter on to one output. The DC passive output of the splitter will go to your 6000. The DC blocked output of the splitter will go to the DirecTV receiver. Just tune the 6000 to a channel that is on the 119 sat and the correct polarization. I've read somewhere that it's Nickelodeon.

If you have two dual LNB's and an SW64 switch on your Dish500, use the same type of splitter. You will attach it to the one of the outputs of the 119 LNB. I'm not sure which one but this way you will not even have to turn on the 6000 receiver.

-Robert

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Thanks Robert....I really appreciate it...I want to try to get this set up for the Olympics on HD net...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks