I want to eliminate RED PUSH from VGA to Mitsubishi 65857

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wookie Groomer, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Wookie Groomer

Wookie Groomer Stunt Coordinator

I am on the verge of upgrading my VGA cable from my Home Theater PC and am torn between two things.

I need to get rid of the red push because I am scaling and line doubling Laserdisc's. What I want to do is run a VGA breakout cable from BetterCables into the Mitsu so I can use Powerstrip to achieve 540p. But if I do this, will my red push attenuator work on line going into the DTV input? If not, then I will stick with a standard VGA cable and throw in the towel on my HTPC.

Also, if anyone else has this setup, does the VGA breakout cable degrade the signal any compared to a straight VGA?

I have a Radeon 7000, I/O Magic PVR and dScaler.

thanks

2. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Shawn, I can't help you, but I wonder if you would mind explaining what you currently use to eliminate the red push on your Mits?

Thanks

Artie

3. Wookie Groomer

I eliminated red push on my component inputs using a red push attenuator available through the guys at the avscience forum.
    I have learned that red push can only be eliminated on analog component signal and not RGB DTV. That sucks for me! [​IMG]
    I did however, manage to reduce red push through dScaler by carefully adjusting the color controls. So now my laserdiscs appear to be red free and TV looks better too. The windows desktop and ATI DVD player though still have too much red and I will not be able to watch DVD's from the HTPC. Again, that sucks! [​IMG]
    It would have been nice to utilize the available technology but Mitsubishi apparently will have none of that!

4. Dan Marchewka

Dan Marchewka Stunt Coordinator

If you go over to www.hometheaterspot.com and go into the R&D section you can learn how to make a I2C circuit to globally fix red push. It also lets you correct some HD color problems as well. You will need a laptop to fix it and some soldering skills.

5. Wookie Groomer

This looks promising! thanks