What's new

i want to diy a speaker but cand decide with is beter for me (1 Viewer)

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i am looking at gr reaserch i am upgradeing my polk rt 800i 400i and fx500i

i was thinking of the The Diluceo or av2 with cap upgrades. i like the sound of ribbons but will the ribbons have a trubble with off angle responce for the surounds? price is not a consern. just performance.

george king

Supporting Actor
if you are going to consider the GR speakers (great choice) you may want to consider the new AV-3. Supposedly this is a real improvement, and Danny has said some people prefer it to the Diluceo.

How are these speakers going to be used. If these are to be joint HT/music you might want to lean toward the AV-3.

Just a thought. I own the AV-1s with caps upgrade and love them.

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Sorry that I can't be of any service, as I'm still half a year (at least) away from upgrading my fronts, but if it's of any service, I should be receiving a pair of GR Research's Criterions for an in-home demo in the near future if you want to come over and listen with me, although the rest of my gear isn't really up to snuff. (I'm in Troy)

If nothing else, keep me updated as I'd love to see and hear your final speakers, whatever they turn out to be.

george king

Supporting Actor
If these are HT speakers, get the new AV-3s. According to the reports you wont be disappointed.

Danny Richie

Stunt Coordinator
this is pure ht and onec in a blue moon maybe for party music.
From what you said I would recommend the A/V-2's or A/V-3's.

They are more forgiving of mid-fi amps and receivers and better suited for that application. A better value too.

Joe, are you on the list now? When would you like to receive a pair?

George, you sure are close by. When you you coming up for a visit? Lunch can be on me.

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i have a adcon 7607 and the sunfire theater grand III pre the amp is upper-mid and the pre is mid-high end

i just dont know if the av2 will do justace ti the tgIII

george king

Supporting Actor
Danny,
I have been meaning to get up there, but I have been busy. Maybe after the new year, before the semester starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks