What's new

I want to buy a front projector (1 Viewer)

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
I've been anticipating the 70HT as an alternative to the higher priced DLP units that have been getting a lot of fanfare (Sharpvision, Marantz, Seleco). Knew about the Boxlight clone, but going to their site, it appears they sell direct only. Is this correct? I've read over at AVS that the 70HT may be had (once it's out) for less than $6K from local dealers, which is better than Boxlight's posted price. If so, are there any benefits to going the Boxlight route? I still have to find local dealers that will have this set up, but I'm looking for installation / setup done for me, so I'll likely go this route if the 70HT impresses.

Doug
I believe the only advantage of getting the boxlight will probably be the white casing, if you consider that an advantage. With the 60HT/13HD, you got a more attractive silverish casing with the 60HT, and a more neutral, easy to match white casing with the 13HD. You may also find a few warranty differences between the two companies.

AnthonyS

Auditioning
You should go with a CRT front projector DLP LCD they don't hold a candle to true CRT 's in terms of Picture Quality. You can easily get a Barco or Sony Projector there is also Electrohome all great units. If ya cant find one where you are Email me at [email protected] and I can give ya some good sources to get a great deal on a very low Hr unit ........ Anthony..................:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks