1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

I want to build some speakers...Recommended Sources or Sites?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric A, May 11, 2002.

1. Eric A

Eric A Second Unit

I am looking to build some real high quality front channel speakers. They must be bookshelf and I am leaning towards a D'appolito design with front ports. My goal is imaging, good midrange, output and extension from a small (18 high, depth is not a consideration) cabinet. Also thinking of a 21/2 way design to acomplish this. I have unlimted access to a cabinet shop. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
  3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

I'll flip your post over to the DIY fourm where you will find lots of friends willing to help. (But you might also spend some time looking through older posts.) [​IMG]

4. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Hi Eric. I would like to suggest to you the GR Rresearch speakers. They are absolutely wonderful and are really the best speakers that I've owned. Here's a review of these speakers that I wrote.
    Review
    Here's another review of a few speakers including the GR Research Paradox 1 speaker.
    Review #2
    Also, go to Audio Asylum and do a search on either Paradox 1, AV1 or GR Research and you'll se that the following is strong and loyal.
    If you'd like to see a picture of the AV1+'s click on my signature link and take a look. I haven't had them painted yet but you should get the idea.
    Good Luck with whatever choice you make because there are a lot more do it yourself speakers that should do it for you. I'm sure others will chime in on what their thoughts are.
    AV1+ / 17(h)x13(d)8(w)