What's new

I want to build a projector mount for the sony 10 ht (1 Viewer)

Im looking for plans on building a projector mount for the sony 10ht if anyone has done so or knows of these plans please let me know. The last time I checked the cost of the one from sony was about $200 or $250. That could get me about 12-15 new dvds. So yeah i would like to save a buck if i could.... Thanks

Jim Mc

Agent
Hope you like this and check out the pics from my theater.
Any questions let me know.
Jim Mc
http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=66116202303&n=1123730486
The Stargate
CEILING PROJECTOR MOUNT
I built my mount for the Sony 10HT by placing a 14-1/2 x 14-1/2" 1x4 box with a foam taped top edge between the joists, box was made using glue and biscuits and glued and screwed in place. Then floating plywood 13.5-14x20" on top of the 1x4 box.(Put the upper ply in before the box) I then brought three bolts up through a lower wedge of plywood into the top plywood using T nuts in the top of the top sheet,and aircraft nuts at the ends of the overlength bolts for peace of mind. The bolts have springs for tension between the plywood top and bottom. I wrapped the spring/bolt combo with grey foam pipe wrap. The bolts give me full adjustment of the projector. Remember high school math - "Three point establish a plane".
The lower wedge has bolts down through it into the 10HT to suspend the 10HT.
I can also shift the whole assy L&R just by sliding the upper plywood over on top of the box. Since the upper plate is narrower than the joist space I can also rotate the projector. Also I mounted my electrical into the plywood so it moves with the projector if need be. The projector is only 3-4" below the ceiling and this is perfect for my screen position. Like the man said "Don't ya love it when a plan comes together."
Adjustments.
Left to Right
Rotation- Yaw?
Roll
Pitch
Height
Total cost less than $20.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Jim,
Very nice project. Well done! When I got my VW10HT back in the early days I decided to get the Sony mount since I felt that an investment of less than 5% of the cost of the projector was worth it in case there were any warranty issue. (At the time there were some questions of the stability of other units). However, that's all been resolved and brackets like your do an admirable job.
and Jayson,
For some further ideas you might want to check into the specialized VW10HT forum over at The Big Picture Forum
http://Thebigpicturedvd.com
A question over there should provide you with more information.

hey guys, thanks for the links. they will be of much help. I've seen some great ideas. I will post again as I progress. Nice job on your theaters! The both of you! Thanks again.
Link Removed

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I built a custom back wall mount for my NEC LT150 which works quite well. Total cost was about $20. Check out my site in the gallery for all the pictures. It might not be exactly what you are looking for but it could give you some more ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.