What's new

I want to add stereo speakers (Marantz analog receiver) to my Dolby Atmos Sony HT-X8500 Soundbar... help (1 Viewer)

SoundbarHack2020

Auditioning
Real Name
Lee
I am running Apple TV through an HDMI splitter with the video out to my Samsung TV and audio out of the splitter to my HT-X8500 soundbar. Video out produces 4k video just fine. From the splitter I have the options to run HDMI or optical out to the soundbar for audio. I realize that I have to run HDMI to the soundbar if I want Atmos. However, I also have the option tor run Stereo out of the splitter... and that is what I want. I want Atoms AND the addition of stereo speakers. The Sounbar is ok, better with Atmos, BUT... with the addition of my really nice bookshelf speakers through my vintage Marantz receiver the room is full with sound in a way that the soundbar can't do. Think BASS. I am hitting a wall with getting Atmos to run on the sounbar AND have the stereo receiver/bookshelf speakers running at the same time. The addition of the stereo speakers automatically dumbs down the splitter to output only stereo... though my DTS:X seems to be the best setting that sticks on the soundbar. Anyhow... I am hoping there is some sort of hack that can be done to run Atmos and Stereo. I have plenty of HDMI splitters handy to try and make this happen. Or, am I just wasting my time because it really can't be done?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What you want is a better Atmos setup than the soundbar. Trying to use both systems together will never work properly, and it probably won't accomplish what you want. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's just reality. Better speakers and a receiver, like the stuff you like.

SoundbarHack2020

Auditioning
Real Name
Lee
What you want is a better Atmos setup than the soundbar. Trying to use both systems together will never work properly, and it probably won't accomplish what you want. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's just reality. Better speakers and a receiver, like the stuff you like.
I know... but I don't have the 2k to spend to make it truly worthwhile. I will be happy in the meantime if the Atmos soundbar worked, augmented by the Mission bookshelf speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks