What's new

I Want The TRUTH! (1 Viewer)

Bob_Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,

I'm looking between the hitachi 60vx915 lcd an the sony 60" XS series and the Mitsu 62725. The Question that I have is, does anyone have an honest opinion on either of these TV's. The problem that I have been encountering it that I can't find a dealer that has both of these tv's in stock so I can see them side by side. I hear that the black on the hitachi is a truer black than on the sony due to the chip that they use. Does ANYONE know that to be true or not? Also I have heard of a tough set up on the sony model. I like all but am having a real problem deciding between the three with out being able to compare side by side.

Next, and sorry for the rant, but I have called and gone to about 8 dealers in my area(PA). Four say that DLP is the best four say LCD. So which is it? Also some say the the bulb goes quicker in the LCD others not. Some say that there is no burn in on an LCD or DLP some say there is on a LCD. Some say that there is a screen door effect 2' from the screen others say you can see it upto 8' from the screen. I can't believe that there aren't some uniform answers to my questions and I just want to get the best for my buck, just like everyone else. I'm just finding this extreemly frusterating due to the difference in opinion.

All help is greatly appericated.

Thanks

Bob

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

Sorry... couldn't resist... ;)

Well, I own the Sony 60XS955, and I am very impressed with it. There are a lot of nice options in the menu to be able to tweak black levels, detail levels, etc. I never saw that particular Hitachi because there are no Directors Series dealers in my area, but I did compare the Sony to the Hitachi 60VS810. I thought the Sony had a nicer overall picture.

They are both nice sets though. I would guess they are asking a lot more money for the Hitachi...

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
LOL!! Sounds like you are ready to explode with all of this info!! The best advice I can offer is to go out and look at all of them yourself. View HD material as well as DVD's that you bring in (so you are familiar with the picture). Don't get to caught up in the "which brand is better" thing because you will hear great things and bad things about each brand. As for the DLP/LCD thing......what you heard is pretty much what sums up that issue...meaning half the people are going to prefer LCD while the other half prefers DLP. Bulb issues are going to occur with BOTH of them. A bulb may last 2 hours or 8,000 hours. I wouldn't put any stock in the theory that one technology would last longer. If you think about it....How the heck do they know which will last longer?? I am sure they don't have people calling them up saying....hey my bulb lasted 6000 hours. The only info they realy hear about bulb issues is if it blows right away.
So to sum it up....got to some good speacialty B&M stores. They may have t.v.'s that are callibrated......and just watch. See what you like. Do NOT let the salesperson tell you what you should like. If you like it....buy it. Trust me, you will be more satisfied this way because you will actually have a set as opposed to stressing out about which one is "better". Best of luck to you.

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldnt buy a tape player made by Sony, I have a Mitsu and I love it, A friend of mine has a Hitachi and as much as I hate to say it, I think his PQ is a bit better than mine

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
I always think it is strange to hear about Hitachi's being sooo good. Whenever I think of Hitachi in the past I always thought cheap junk.....but whatever they have done recently to "change" that image has helped. I too am shocked when comparing sets.....most of the time I pick the Hitachi as the winner. Now I wouldn't hesitate for a second buying one.....they really are great TV's!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks