What's new

I want Strange Brew on Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
I may be in the minority and I realize that it's not necessarily the most High Def friendly film on the planet, but I'm being serious. It's the 25th anniversary of the film, and a new version featuring commentary by Bob and Doug would be a beauty addition to my library. Thomas and Moranis did a similar commentary for the Brother Bear DVD and they proved that they still have it. Any other hosers with me?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
They shot part of this film in the town where I live. Not sure if I should actually be proud of that though. :)

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David

Absolutely. However, I'm still hoping we'll get the remaining seasons of SCTV (including the Cinemax year) even on SD. We need those.

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
I'll second that! I just remembered that Bob and Doug's Two-Four Anniversary Special was shot and broadcast in HD, so that could be a nice bonus for a 25th Anniversary Strange Blu-Ray.

Beauty play on words there, eh!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

two-four special?
what was that and who aired it.
i never heard of this.

as for strange brew, no thanks, i hope they put it out for you but i wouldn't buy it.

i watched it again a few years ago after i got the dvd and it doesn't hold up well at all.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
How about a table-read of the nearly-filmed sequel? That would be nice.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I'd buy this!
Is everyone talking about the almost filmed "Home Brew"? I saw this on DVD and enjoyed it immensely. Way long ago I went to a midnight showing of this. Damn it was a blast. Nothing to say but good things about this fun movie.

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
To each his own, but as for me, I love this film. I'm originally from Canada so it means more to me. When I was a teenager about 6 or eight of us would get together once every 6 months and have a "Strange Brew" party. We'd dress up in parkas and touques and drink root beer while watching the film and reciting dialogue as it happened on screen. Great memories.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It's on it's way!!!

From the digital bits:

n other news, Warner Home Video has announced that the SCTV-based comedy Strange Brew (1983), starring Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas, is finally coming to Blu-ray on 3/1. I wouldn’t expect much in the way of bonus content though: The Blu-ray SRP is just $12.97. Good to see it reach HD on disc finally though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eathree
Recent bookmarks