I Want an X-Box!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PatB, Dec 10, 2002.

1. PatB

PatB Stunt Coordinator

I was standing in my local video game store and was amazed by the number of good games there are out there for the X-box. I read in the Financial Times that MS is losing 120$ on each sale (This is just something I read, no attacks please), and I was wondering if any word of another price drop is coming? I'm in Canada so obviously every dollar helps. I'd consider a bundle if the games were better but I'm mostly an action/shooter type fan. Christmas is coming but if they haven't dropped it now is there any chance they will anytime soon?

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

No price drops in the forseeable future.

It is not unusual to lose money selling the consoles. Every manufacturer has.

3. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Your guess is as good as mine, but I'd probably say that the next time you might see a price drop is about March or April. Honestly, the bundle that they have out now isn't bad, and I'm sure that you could find someone who would take the Sega GT/JSRF disc off your hands if you don't want it.

But as for a drop before Christmas-this is the best you're going to get in the near future.

4. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

The bundle is a 'stealth price drop;' I'd expect to see an actual drop (to, say, 149 US) in April or so.

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Microsft will be the last one to cut, of this I'm sure

They'll cut right after E3, or they'll cut in September. Probably Sony first to $149, then MS then Nintendo, who apparently could afford the $99 price right now because cube is so cheap to make.

6. PatB

PatB Stunt Coordinator

Well then it looks like a rental system over the holidays. That's a bummer because I don't know how long it going to take to finish all those games.
    And then there's that S-controller on top of things.
    Maybe I should just buy Vice City, that'll keep me for a while.