What's new

I want a TOP GUN SE! (1 Viewer)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Bumping this thread, if only because I couldn't find any other recent Top Gun SE topics/replies in this forum...forgive me if the following was/has been already discussed, but I just wanted to add something I heard on XM the other day:

I'm sure most of you Top Gun DVD afficianados probably already know that the SE version is expected to be released sometime this November, but just in case there was some doubt--I happened to be listening in on one of the XM satellite channels and the DJ was interviewing Terri Nunn (of Berlin fame); anyways, Terri mentioned that she had been interviewed/filmed as part of the SE DVD, and had also stated that the DVD would most likely be released sometime in November 2004 in time for the holidays. She also mentioned that the DVD would also be designed (dunno if that's the correct word to use) as a tribute to the late Don Simpson.

Take the above FWIW--I'm only stating what I heard on the radio...

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Tony...thanks for the information. A November release would be consistant with the prevailing rumours/indications that this would surface by the end of 2004. I hope that Paramount goes all out on this popular title. I'll take a new anamorphic widescreen transfer, DD & DTS 5.1, at least one audio commentary(preferably two), cast/crew interviews and/or documentary, documentary on the history/aircraft/pilots of the real "Top Gun"/naval aviation, featurette on the F-14 Tomcat, trailers, featurette on the music/soundtrack of the movie, tribute to the late producer Don Simpson, photo gallery, etc. in a nice 2 or 3 disc set with collectable packaging :)
Note to Paramount: Once your finished with Top Gun:SE please take the same approach outlined above for Titanic:SE(seems to me that this would sell a zillion copies, but what do I know:) )

Christopher_P

Stunt Coordinator
Hate to bump an old thread but has anyone heard anything on a new Top Gun DVD? This was one of my favorite movies when I was little and I'd love to see it remastered *drool* DTS track!

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
I'll take a new anamorphic widescreen transfer, DD & DTS 5.1, at least one audio commentary(preferably two), cast/crew interviews and/or documentary, documentary on the history/aircraft/pilots of the real "Top Gun"/naval aviation, featurette on the F-14 Tomcat, trailers, featurette on the music/soundtrack of the movie, tribute to the late producer Don Simpson, photo gallery, etc. in a nice 2 or 3 disc set with collectable packaging
So would you like fries with that...? :D ;)

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Doug,
Maybe I went a little overboard in my expectations for this SE but ...what the hell?...I can dream, can't I?:D ;) Actually, if we get a fraction on my earlier "suggestions", I'll be happy. My main interest is in a new, cleaned-up, anamorphically enhanced widescreen transfer with killer DD/DTS 5.1 audio tracks. The rest is gravy.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I hope it happens this time. I recall last summer we were speculating and talking of a possible fall release. NOw it's a year later and we still don't have it.

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Tony,

Just funnin' with ya! Given Paramount's commitment to Anamorphic transfers, we're in for a visual treat. Here's hoping for an upgraded DTS track!

D

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Ya know - gravy, fries, and a large coke. Sounds good to me! Skip the popcorn; it's the next big concession item!
:laugh: Off topic, but in Quebec and Ontario, fries with gravey topped with cheese is a popular fast food item known as Poutine (pronounced "poo-TEEN"). It's pretty tasty and has been clinically proven to audibly harden your arteries.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Off topic, but in Quebec and Ontario, fries with gravey topped with cheese is a popular fast food item known as Poutine (pronounced "poo-TEEN"). It's pretty tasty and has been clinically proven to audibly harden your arteries.
Poutine is the reason Canada is the greatest country in the world :D

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
Well, since I just sold my old copy on eBay (for the whopping price of something like $5) you can count me in on a new addition. In fact, I haven't watched my old copy since I got a widescreen tv, about two and a half years ago.
I definitely feel the need for speed!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks