I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown! (12/9)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Steven Wesley, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Steven Wesley

Steven Wesley Second Unit

Jan 30, 2002
    I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts to the new Peanuts holiday special that ABC aired on Tuesday.

Overall, I liked it. That said, it did not compare with the classic A Charlie Brown Christmas, but I liked the approach this new special took. Instead of trying to do the same thing once again (which was the primary flaw with the first sequel, It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown), I liked the lighthearted approach and focus on one character.

Unless you are a die-hard fan of Peanuts, I doubt many folks even knew of the existance of Rerun. While that might have turned some viewers off, I think it added a freshness into the Charlie Brown universe that was nice to see.

I'm glad the music stuck the traditional tunes usually associated with a Peanuts Christmas installment. And the animation was pretty "familiar-feeling" as well. It was great to see other members of Snoopy's family.

Overall, it felt like it was a winner. Nice addition to Peanuts television history.
  2. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

Jan 4, 2002
    I only saw the first few minutes of it, but I loved it. Rerun was great(and yes I had heard of him before the show), much better than any of the other 'newer' shows, or the 1st sequel.

To the show's creators, keep up the great work, this will be another 'must see' Christmas special.

And I do plan on viewing the whole thing soon [​IMG]