I Wanna Hold Your Hand CE Due 9/28!!!!!!

Craig S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
The Backbeat announcement is a little odd. The current disc just came out last August, and has almost all of the features listed for the new CE, with the exception of:
But leave it to Universal to double-dip a cult film one year from its original release...

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
the good news is
IWHYH is getting a nifty little CE at the end of Sept.
the bad news is
as per standard practice w/ Universal, generic library music will be substituted for all songs needing clearance

j/k.
at least i hope so.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! My Zemeckis collection is beginning to become complete! Now for those SEs of Death Becomes Her and Romancing the Stone!

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Wait a minute- on my Warners VHS, the soundtrack has a lot of original Fab Four recordings. Will they be kept for the DVD release, or is it to expensive for Universal to re-negotiate with Apple for the use of the music??

It makes NO SENSE to release "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" without the actual music used in the film. I'd rather wait a couple of years while the music clearance issue is settled, as it ultimately was for "Grease".

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
My goodness- I was nearly scared out of my wits over that one. At least the Beatle music will be there, where it should be!

Joe_Pinney

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Pinney
FINALLY! Man, so many long-awaited films coming so soon! (Duel, The Sugarland Express, and now I Wanna Hold Your Hand) Finally I can have a cherished copy of Miss Wendie Jo Sperber's most exuberant performance! And Eddie Deezen's geekiest! Oh man, and a CE to boot. I am SO glad Universal didn't just toss this one out as a barebones!

Now if only Fox (who released the VHS version; contingent on if they have the DVD rights) will release the excellent John Frankenheimer-directed, John Sayles-scripted, Stephen Seagal-choreographed Scott Glenn/Toshiro Mifune modern samurai action classic The Challenge, I will PROBABLY be able to breathe a little easier.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins

I can't think of any example where they've done this on DVD, although it was quite common with their VHS and LD releases.

Jeff

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
I started a thread near the 40th anniversary of the Beatles' coming to America, posing the question as to why this title hadn't been released.

Glad that my question has finally been answered.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins

I stand corrected then! I remember Universal restoring original to music to films such as John Carpenter's The Thing and Fast Times At Ridgemont High, so I assumed that was their policy.

Jeff

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NC_Mike