What's new

I wanna cry! Help me find the touching movies. (1 Viewer)

deshaver

Auditioning
Real Name
Dwight Shaver
Mine are...
A Walk to Remember (the whole movie)
Awakenings (the dance and THAT piano music)
Field of Dreams ( "If you build it he will come" ...It was you... "No Ray, it was you.")
City of Angels (The music in this film was incredible)
Hachi: A Dog's Tale.. (so moving, such a great story)
Forrest Gump (at Jenny's grave)
The Shawshank Redemption ("I hope to see my friend and shake his hand.. I hope.")

DSmith1984

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
Where The Red Fern Grows. The single most depressing movie ever made. Puts Old Yeller to shame in regards to sad endings regarding animals.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
In the recent round of posts, I note several people mentioning Toy Story 3.
But, I'll nominate the only film which has ever made my cry in a movie theater:  Toy Story 2.
Toy Story 2 I'll agree with, but oddly Toy Story 3 did nothing for me. I'm usually very emotional and really get into a good story when well done, but I felt nothing from Toy Story 3.
Maybe it was just so over-hyped, everyone saying how it was so emotional and such a tearjerker that I went into it expecting to much.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I had a similar reaction to Toy Story 3. I definitely cried with Toy Story 2 with the Jessie back story.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm another for Toy Story 2. It's been years since I watched it but I still remember that 'forgotten toy' scene. It is just so doggone sad.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Bryan. I needed a good cry this morning.

If anyone wants to know why that song is so special to me, just click on the link "Father of the Bride" in my signature (below).

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Thanks, Bryan.  I needed a good cry this morning. 
If anyone wants to know why that song is so special to me, just click on the link "Father of the Bride" in my signature (below). 
Your welcome. 'Up' is no slouch either in the tear department.
[VIDEO] http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2bk_9T482g [/VIDEO]

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Yes - Jessie's story gets me every freaking time, as does the opening to Up.

Another one, not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread yet or not is My Dog Skip.

I watched that movie when I had a Jack Russel Terrier of my own. Damn movie had me in tears for most of the latter parts. I only saw it that once, and swore I'd never watch it again, so my recollection of events may be a bit fuzzy...

The scenes that depict the dog getting older and not being able to do all the things he used to just tore me up. My JRT and I would play and wrestle and have all sorts of fun together, and the thought of him not being able to do that just killed me. To me, a JRT that can't be active and physical is akin to a person in a vegetative state.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Bryan^H said:
I'm another for Toy Story 2. It's been years since I watched it but I still remember that 'forgotten toy' scene. It is just so doggone sad.
[VIDEO] http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=px0j1EHF8Y0 [/VIDEO]
I had completely forgotten that "forgotten" scene. Amazing how emotional some things can be, but that scene just shows how well things can be done when everything clicks. Writers, animators, music score, the song... Very well done, thank you for the post.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Trying to think of the Mark Harmon film that I found very heartbreaking (um, I don't cry :)). I think it was a TV movie. Harmon played a dad who was trying to gain custody of his two young kids and kept running into roadblocks.
Oh, OK, I cried.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I also vote for the Christmas classic, COME TO THE STABLE with that great scene in the chapel at the end. Unfortunately, never released on DVD.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
For those on Dish Network, just noticed Toy Story 1 & 2 are showing this weekend on ABCFM. Will have commercials, but hopefully no edits.
Rentals that I never bought, so looking forward to them, even with interruptions, although that 30 second fast forward button gets a lot of use in my home.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Stan:

If, somehow, you have never seen Toy Story and TS2...you are in for one great treat.

These are two great films. And, TS3 ain't bad either!

Enjoy them. Savor them. And have a great time.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Toy Story 1 is great.
Toy Story 2, however, is a masterpiece. It has slowly risen up my list of "greatest films". It hits on every cylinder, and "When She Loves Me" is, to me, one of the most crushing moments I've ever sat in a theater. It reminds me of Don's moment in "Mad Men" about Nostalgia.. the first time I saw TS2 it was like a total kick in the butt.
Pixar does that. I admit, while I didn't find the whole film as good as TS2, the opening to Up! is such a body blow that to this day, I've only seen maybe 2 other movies that people left the theater on as much as it. Except with "Up!" people came back. But I could watch the mothers in front of me when they figured it out, as Elle sat in the backyard just lose it. The rest of the film was good - not TS2 good - but that beginning.. holy cow

Stan

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
Toy Story 1 is great.
Toy Story 2, however, is a masterpiece.   It has slowly risen up my list of "greatest films".   It hits on every cylinder, and "When She Loves Me" is, to me, one of the most crushing moments I've ever sat in a theater.   It reminds me of Don's moment in "Mad Men" about Nostalgia.. the first time I saw TS2 it was like a total kick in the butt.
Pixar does that.   I admit, while I didn't find the whole film as good as TS2, the opening to Up! is such a body blow that to this day, I've only seen maybe 2 other movies that people left the theater on as much as it.   Except with "Up!" people came back.   But I could watch the mothers in front of me when they figured it out, as Elle sat in the backyard just lose it.  The rest of the film was good - not TS2 good - but that beginning.. holy cow
Have never seen "Up!", just teasers and trailers when it first came out and have avoided the videos posted here. Definitely on my must see list after all the positive things I've read here.
Actually have never seen Toy Story 1. TS2 I adored, surprised at myself for never purchasing it. TS3 was okay, but I think I went into it with extremely high expectations and it just didn't deliver.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Stan:

If you've seen me post this before--ignore it. But regarding When She Loved Me from TS2...check out the Father of the Bride link in my signature as just one reason why this film is so special to me.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Stan:
If you've seen me post this before--ignore it.  But regarding When She Loved Me from TS2...check out the Father of the Bride link in my signature as just one reason why this film is so special to me.  :)
I did catch your earlier post about this, but have actually avoided it on purpose. I'll give it a try someday, but the original film clip is so beautiful, and I'm an extremely emotional guy, going through some tough times right now, so I'm not quite ready for an emotional overload.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks