What's new

Pre-Order I Walk Alone (1948) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81ADefm6baL._SL1500_.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
It's been forever and a day since I last saw this film and I've forgotten most of it. I remember taping off a TV transmission the song Don't Call It Love which Audrey Morris included in her album Film Noir. I hope we get a really good Blu-ray disc of this film.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's been forever and a day since I last saw this film and I've forgotten most of it. I remember taping off a TV transmission the song Don't Call It Love which Audrey Morris included in her album Film Noir. I hope we get a really good Blu-ray disc of this film.
It's funny seeing Wendell Corey's name above Kirk Douglas. I loved this film even though it did borrow from "Angels with Dirty Faces" as far as setting up the Lancaster/Douglas story line by copying from Cagney/Bogart.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
It's funny seeing Wendell Corey's name above Kirk Douglas.

That was 1947. Even in 1948, Douglas got billed after Laraine Day in My Dear Secretary and 4th billed after Cornel Wilde, Linda Darnell and Anne Baxter in Walls Of Jericho. In 1949, Douglas got below the title billing in A Letter To Three Wives after Jeanne Crain, Linda Darnell and Ann Sothern. He didn't become a "star" until 1949's Champion and remained above the title ever since.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That was 1947. Even in 1948, Douglas got billed after Laraine Day in My Dear Secretary and 4th billed after Cornel Wilde, Linda Darnell and Anne Baxter in Walls Of Jericho. In 1949, Douglas got below the title billing in A Letter To Three Wives after Jeanne Crain, Linda Darnell and Ann Sothern. He didn't become a "star" until 1949's Champion and remained above the title ever since.
Yeah, I knew that, but it's still funny seeing such billing, especially with Kirk still around.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched this tonight and was very impressed with the quality of the transfer, both video and audio. The film has always been one of my favorite noirs: no real mystery (not a requirement for noir, but I prefer it), but crackling performances from Douglas and Lancaster keep things lively throughout. That's Trudy Stevens dubbing Scott's singing voice (seemed to be Scott's go-to voice double); she also dubbed Vera-Ellen in White Christmas.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched this tonight and was very impressed with the quality of the transfer, both video and audio. The film has always been one of my favorite noirs: no real mystery (not a requirement for noir, but I prefer it), but crackling performances from Douglas and Lancaster keep things lively throughout. That's Trudy Stevens dubbing Scott's singing voice (seemed to be Scott's go-to voice double); she also dubbed Vera-Ellen in White Christmas.
I thought the transfer was good too. I'm very pleased with this disc.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I was very pleased with it as well. Good transfer and entertaining film, and some early performances from two of the all time greats. Can’t go wrong with this one, and I’m glad Kino released it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks