What's new

I used my VCR yesterday! (1 Viewer)

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Sunday was gloomy, rainy and cold; perfect for a classic horror movie. I had been washing and folding clothes all day and was ready for a break. My wife had gone food shopping and was determined to watch a chick flick (her words) in the theater. The bedroom system is just standard def but works for aux purposes. Standing in front of the DVD racks, I was having a hard time making a choice when I looked down to the VHS section. Still have about 30, mostly old horror and a Christopher Lee movie seemed to glide towards my hand. My wife saw the tape and asked "what are you doing with THAT?" When I said I was going to watch it, she tried not to laugh. I marched upstairs, got my root beer and Cheezits, turned off the lights and popped the tape in. I was thinking "I can't believe I didn't just grab a DVD" until the Hammer title screen came up. Suddenly I was 15 again, engaged in my favorite weekend activity. Tinny sound, low-res picture and all, it was great! I didn't get to watch the full feature since we had another movie planned for the evening, but the great thing about VCR's is when you turn 'em off they stay right where you left the movie. I might have to finish tonight! :laugh:

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Thanks! Well, I still had my dusty old Radio Shack All-in-One configured for the VCR functions but somewhere along the line and many changes it lost the TV volume setting! Wonder if I still have that manual... :)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
That was my VERY first VCR. A Sony SL-5400 BetaMax.

One event over 3 days, hard wired remote, and channel setting you had to tune! BUT..the 1st player to offer BIII record and playback!

To this day I have 3 fully functioning BetaMax including the SLHF-1000 and the State of The BetaMax Art SLHF-2100.

Ahh..memories!

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry

BetaMax!? Now THAT's nostalgia!

No problems with the clock... unless you count forgetting to change it during DST. :laugh:

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
I know the feeling!!!!!! :)

Back in January, when I missed a couple of days of work due to a suddenly sore lower bad back, in order to keep myself as immobilized as much as possible, since the weather was cold, damp and overcast, I decided to pull up some of my old Fugitive VHS tapes from the first three B/W seasons and watch them in my second theater unit.

Though the video and audio quality is clearly lessened by the age of the tapes (I recorded them back in 1994-5), it was still great watching them to see how well the good Dr. Kimble would get away from Gerard and/or whomever his tormentors were in that particular episode.

I have already started collecting this fine show on DVD and eventually (I HOPE!!!!) will replace the tapes I have with all four seasons on DVD.

Until then, I have the tapes to help compliment my growing Fuge DVD collection to enjoy this fine classic television series!!!! :)

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
I can see the headlines now... "Blu-Ray HD scuttled by grass-roots VHS movement" Right On! :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks