I-tunes Question

Discussion in 'Music' started by Fred Seger, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Fred Seger

Fred Seger Stunt Coordinator

So I want to a buy Mary Chapin Carpenters cd - but they are all "partial albums". there are no buttons to buy the entire album like on most other cds' I've seen. So you can buy partial albums or what?? Is this a bug in my windows software or do they do this on albums that have more than ten tracks?

Any input is appreciated.

Also how is their sound quality?

2. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

Certain albums aren't available via itunes as a whole product. when you see "Partial Album" then at least one song isn't available AT ALL. Its lame. It's obviously either a paranoid artist or record company. It only occurs in certain artist catalogs. You CAN buy the partial album but you need to click each individual song and it will probably come out to more than $9.99.

Also, another annoyance is that certain artists albums are more than $9.99. Its usually BIG time artists like Queen - A Night at the Opera is $13.86. Pink Floyd The Wall is $25.74!!!! C'mon. It seems most artists are 9.99...

3. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Yes, I believe it's just that the artists/record companies are paranoid about something, I'm not sure what though. It's not like it's any harder to copy a song from a real CD, in fact it's probably easier.

It always seems to be the hit songs that are not included in "partial albums".

I was gonna buy Harry Connick Jr's new Christmas CD from iTunes, but it cost the same at Best Buy, where I got my bonus points and nice packaging, so I bought it there instead.

I gotta say that I wonder what the people behind iTunes are thinking sometimes.

4. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Slightly off topic...

I have yet to go to any of the download music sites, but I have a question for those who have. Can you pick what bit rate the song is converted to mp3? Like say 128 or pick the 320?

Thanks
    R~

5. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

well for iTunes it's not sold in MP3. The files are 128kps AAC files which sound alot like 192kps MP3 to my ears but are much smaller in size.