What's new

I took the toshiba 65h80 plunge! Where to from here? (1 Viewer)

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,
Well I am now the proud owner of a Toshiba 65h80. The final deal price for the HDTV was $3250 (which includes shipping). They offered to have it hear by Wednesday but I cant move the furniture in the house that fast to clear a path for the thing :). I dont think Ive been more excited about a piece of equipment before (excuse my excitement).
Anyways I was curious as to what sites I might check out to learn in depth (or if any members have any suggestions feel free to toss em my way), how to set up and get the most out of this HDTV (ex...Lense hood Dimensions, Convergence Grids, settings for better picture right out of the box etc).
POssibly down the line I would think about ISF certification, but for now Id like to learn about the 65h80 myself instead of having someone else do the work for me.
Any and all suggestions welcome.
Thanks,
-D

KeithR

Second Unit
I don't quite understand...you spent good hard earned money for a huge rptv. Why not pay the 400 bucks for ISF calibration to get the best picture you can? That is what you wanted in the first place, right? I guarantee that you can't do grey level adjustments, or geometry adjustments by yourself.
BTW, hope you did purchase a progressive scan dvd for this monster! If not, get the Skyworth with Sage/Faroudja chip
www.hivizone.com
340 shipped, and has no chroma bug or combing.

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Keith,
Yes in a sense I see where you are coming from and I whole heartedly agree with you. Its an option. Before I just drop money to have someone else do the work (who will be far more knowledgable then I. I would like to know about the TV. I like to be familiar with the things I own...ya know? :).
a ProgScan player will be coming soon. Its definitly next on my list.
-D
email:[email protected]
Aol Instant Messenger: epiphanynj

Congrats on your new baby. I've had mine now for over a month and love it. If you have any questions please feel free to email me.
Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks