What's new

Pre-Order I, Tonya (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81VS7b-TCJL._SX522_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
o4E9mg2H-wxyBBgYcKnCOavb4Qthi30cgHFQewMP-3gjaYxVxLHsBhEZks53oKONCPjPSe-JTNZ2gYHmSsNbhimARAt3SO-3Zq-tel2PEv75fp17Vh1MlOHG3ntdp7BMjT08f7TRAYhguZU=s0-d-e1-ft

NOMINATED FOR THREE ACADEMY AWARDS® INCLUDING
BEST ACTRESS AND BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

I,TONYA

Press Materials Now Available
for Download on EPK.TV

AVAILABLE ON DIGITAL, MARCH 2, 2018
AND ON BLU-RAY AND DVD MARCH 13, 2018

Spanning from Harding's earliest days at the ice rink to the notorious "incident," critics call I, Tonya "a hilariously tragic story of success so entertaining you can't look away"
(Eric Kohn, Indiewire). Presenting multiple, and at times contradictory, perspectives of the events, the film explores the ways public opinion can be permanently shaped by news agendas and tabloid culture.But beyond the headlines, I, Tonya tells a complex story of resilience and perseverance, as a rebellious working-class girl pursues her dream of competing in a "ladylike" sport, only to be caught up in controversy and criminal circumstances created by her involvement with those closest to her.

Based on the incredible true events, I, Tonya is a darkly comedic tale of American figure skater, Tonya Harding, and one of the most sensational scandals in sports history. Though Harding was the first American woman to complete a triple axel in competition, her legacy was forever defined by her association with the infamous attack on fellow Olympic competitor Nancy Kerrigan.

Featuring Oscar-nominated performances by actress/producer Margot Robbie (Suicide Squad) as the fiery Tonya Harding, and Allison Janney (Girl on a Train)as her acid-tongued mother (2018 Golden Globe® Award-winner), I, Tonya also stars Sebastian Stan (Captain America franchise) as Tonya's impetuous ex-husband, Bobby Cannavale ("Boardwalk Empire"), Julianna Nicholson (August: Osage County) and
Paul Walter Hauser ("Kingdom"), and is directed by Craig Gillespie (Lars and the Real Girl) from an original screenplay by Steven Rogers (P.S. I Love You).
The film offers an often absurd, at times irreverent, and always piercing portrayal of Harding's life and career in all of its unchecked--and checkered--glory.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This movie was a big surprise to me. I don't follow the Olympics at all and was too young to know about the things depicted in the movie while they were happening, so I wasn't sure if I was going to like the film, but came out really loving it. Robbie and Janey were terrific, of course, but it also deserves credit for how smart and effective the screenplay is in providing a three-dimensional characterization of Tonya, and the differing perspectives of those around her, when it could very easily ended up a cliche Lifetime movie in lesser hands. This month is rather packed with new releases, so I won't be getting this one right away just due to how much else is coming out at this time, but I might seriously consider it down the line for a post-price drop purchase.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Robbie was indeed great, but I found the formidable Janney too one dimensional in this case. I much preferred Metcalf's more rounded and complex portrayal in Lady Bird.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks