I think Universal is finally on the Ball!!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dan*T, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

I think the time has finally come where Universal is on the ball.
    Not only are they getting to some great shows, but it seems they are finally getting it right with using the single sided discs. They have started releasing or announced every show I have ever wanted to collect from them. My only hope is that they don't stop releasing them before each series is complete.

Here's my Universal wish list:

The Incredible Hulk ( FINALLY SEASON SETS!)
    The Rockford Files ( Four more seasons to go!!)
    Simon & Simon (Season One in the fall!)
    Magnum P.I. (Four more seasons to go!)
    Miami Vice ( Three more to go! Why didn't they release S3 with the movie tie in??)
    Coach (keep 'em coming!)

C'mon Universal, lets finish these sets!!

2. Michael Alden

Michael Alden Supporting Actor

How nice for you. For the rest of us, we're still waiting for Thriller, McHale's Navy, It Takes a Thief, Ironside, The Bold Ones, Name of the Game, Bionic Woman, Six Million Dollar Man, Marcus Welby MD, Run For Your Life, 9 more seasons of Alfred Hitchcock and the rest of:

Baretta, McCloud, Adam-12, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Dragnet, Kojak and many more from the studio that now holds the title as kings of One and Done.

3. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Add The Equalizer to that list as well.

As for sets currently on hold......Add Airwolf to that list. [​IMG]

4. JonathanBB

JonathanBB Stunt Coordinator

I wish they would hurry up and announce Murder, She Wrote: The Complete Fourth Season.

5. Derek K.

Derek K. Stunt Coordinator

What about all that money the public spent on those double sided dvds that UNI new were troublesome (to say the least) for years ?

6. JeffWld

JeffWld Stunt Coordinator

You are very lucky that your interest in Universal's vast television library is limited to the few bits and pieces that they've doled out.

As for them releasing each series complete, they have already started to become the leaders of the "one and done" honors.

7. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter

I wish Universal would get on the ball and release the USA Network series "Peacemakers". I'm dying to see this on DVD. It was canceled three years ago. The fact that it would only be a season release, and that it's a crime drama (well, in this case a "western take"), you would think it would be perfect for Universal. The only reason this series was canceled in the first place is because of an older demographic than the network wanted (moving it around the schedule didn't help either).

At present, this is the only USA Network series I don't have on DVD.

8. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

Yes, I realize that, which is why I haven't gotten TOO excited yet.

I also would like to see them complete Baretta & Murder She Wrote.

9. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

I hope we'll see more Gimme A Break from Universal

10. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    More "McCloud", "Kojak", "Baretta", "Night Gallery", and "Quincy" !!!!!!

11. Will_C

Will_C Second Unit

Will
    I for one am glad to hear of the return of the single sided discs. Every double side set of theirs I've gotten has had problems. I'm glad to say that my set of A-Team Season 3 had only one small glitch on the entire set, and it came at the tail end of an episode that didn't really interfere with the enjoyment. I'm halfway through season 4 and no problems yet. I've still got to watch Knight Rider seasons 3 and 4. But a return to the single sided discs is definitely appreciated, especially with Las Vegas season 3 coming and hopefully we'll have some more L&O: SVU sets to come out that won't have any problems.

12. Rick CHO

Rick CHO Extra

Where's Banacek and the rest of McMillan?

13. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    Oh we all are I'm sure, or so we should be. [​IMG]

14. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

They made such a big push with the "NBC Mystery Movie" titles last year. It amazes me that they haven't followed up yet. Didn't they sell well? I'd like to see more McMillan and Wife out there.

I think they're waiting on the Bionic shows, probably going to do a movie tie-in thing one of these days. Be patient.

15. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

IF Universal were REALLY on the ball, they would have made DUNE a 2 disc edition-with discs made in the USA. TV wise, if they were really on the ball they would have released BSG Season 2 all in one big box by now instead of this silly, greedy 2.5 crap.

16. Lutz Koch

Lutz Koch Stunt Coordinator

Lutz
    I totally agree. I was so happy when S1 came out and I could finally watch it again with my wife who had never seen the show back in the 70s. And she loved it! So after we were through with those 8 episodes (which didn't take us very long), she said, "Let's watch some more of the McMillans!", and I had to tell her, "Sorry honey, that's all there is..." I'm so mad at Universal! And don't get me started on ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS... I think I'll explode if they don't continue with that.

17. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    Yep, I'm very please with The Rockford Files Season 2. The packaging was great. The sigle sided discs were great.

I agreet that we need more McMillan & Wife, Kojak and for crying out loud, let's see if we can finish Baretta.

18. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    Universal,

Please continue DRAGNET and ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS!