What's new

I think the new Halloween has disaster written all over it (1 Viewer)

Rob_C

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoy watching horror films but Jeepers Creepers was just bad. The first 30 min. was good but then the movie got decidingly worse.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
OOPS! For got to list my other favorite horror films.
Psycho
Killer Klowns From Outer Space:D

Esten

Supporting Actor
"Killer Klowns From Outer Space? Holy shit!"
"Wes Craven's New Nightmare" was a very good movie,but IMO it did more harm than good to the ANOES series.By saying the series of movies was just that... movies.
As for Freddy becoming "too jokey" as you said i like to look at that in the sense that he got used to his powers,he knew exactly what he could do.IMO,once again,he was strongest from part 3 on,and actually weakest in the first movie.I say that because he started to use peoples worst fears against them and made fun of them indefinitely.I mean whats worse.someone that just right out kills you? Or someone that fucks with your mind and makes fun of you and turns your worst fears against you? The latter,of course.
I myself didn't like the overall outcome of Freddy's Dead,but it has a few great moments,like "Every town.... has an elm street!" I get chills every time i hear that.
It also has alot of things i wish hadn't of been done/said,like saying Freddy killed the towns children because they took his daughter away!
WTF!?
As for part 2.... i like it.Dark,unintentionally funny at times,but the plot holes are obvious.The pool scene,shower scene etc.Overall i got more out of FR than FD.
Excuse the pre-ceding fanboy rant;)
As for Friday the 13th....
I like part 4 the most for some reason.It has a really uneasy feel about it.I also like Jason Lives,well,except for that weak/boring car chase.The rest i don't really care for,but have the first 6 DVDs of the series.
And for Halloween....
The first is a classic and 2 is good in it's own right.I even like 3.4 was a good try.5 was bad.6 was.... shit.7 felt like too many people had a hand in it.
Okay,i'm done.:D
P.S.:Without Freddy more than likely a 'Lord of the Rings" movie trilogy would not have been made yet.Without Freddy and ANOES NL most likely would'nt even exist to this day.
Oh,and for those that don't know Peter Jackson wrote a screenplay for an Nightmare movie.I read that in a issue of Fangoria around the time FRIGHTENERS came out.

AJ Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
AJ
I saw the new Halloween: Resurrection trailer in front of Jason X tonight and I have to say it peaked my interest. I like MM's new look...his mask has never looked better, very evil looking. I'm a sucker for my old horror icons I grew up with. If I can still be entertained by Jason I know I'll be in line for Halloween in July.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
I have to admit, the Halloween: Resurrection preview also impressed me as well.

I was very open-minded but somewhat skeptical about this one, but the preview has actually got me interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks