What's new

I think Taco Bell is trying to kill people!!! (1 Viewer)

David Ely

Supporting Actor
Taco Bell has been airing this ad campaign in Canada for a special when you buy 5 tacos. Fine, I can live with someone eating 5 tacos (hell, I'm even sure I've done so before).

But ... at the end of the commercial, they actually say "or if you're really hungry, buy 50 tacos for $39.90"!!!!! What exactly is their definition of 'really hungry'? Perhaps if they think it means 'suicidal', it would make perfect sense.

Taco Bell as population control ... who'd have thought?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where a fast food joint is offering 100 tacos for $100.

Comic Book Guy: Yes, this should provide adequate sustinance for the Dr. Who marathon. :laugh:

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Back in the late '80s, they used to offer a 10-pack for $4 on Sundays. I'd get two. (Yes, I'm still skinny;) )

Todd

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hey, it could be useful for a group of ten or so.

Actually, I remember a guy from college who would go to Arby's to stock up on Wednesdays because sandwiches were 39c that day; he'd by ten, stick 'em in the fridge, and have lunch for a week.

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
Hey, that super-jumbo taco pack would be a really classy way to cater a dinner party and impress your guests with your generosity and good taste! :>)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
$39.90 CAN = $26.94 US

$26.94 US / 50 tacos = $0.54

1 taco = $0.54

That's a ripoff, especially when DelTaco has one taco for $0.39.

1 taco = $0.39

$0.39 x 50 tacos

50 tacos = $19.50 US

$19.50 US = $28.88 CAN

Therefore; Del Taco is cheaper than Taco Bell for 50 tacos.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
But ... at the end of the commercial, they actually say "or if you're really hungry, buy 50 tacos for $39.90"!!!!!
Yeah, but they forgot to mention that they are the size of a Doritos taco chip. :)

Now if you really want to know about a taco that kills, try one from Taco Time. Just ONE of those is almost enough to lay you out.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
taco johns used to sell a "six pack and a pound"
six tacos and a pound of potato ole's (tater tots basically) for like 5 bucks. Tasty :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
you'd just probably just end up on the toilet for a good few hours
Wishing you were dead. There was a news item a few days ago about a jewel thief who swallowed a diamond. Police waited a couple of days and "collected" the gem after it passed. Someone said they should have taken him to Taco Bell - they'd've had the stone back in a few minutes. :)

The problem with a really hot taco is that it burns twice. ;)

Regards,

Joe

LewB

Screenwriter

I think most any 'fast food' would do the trick. I marvel at all the ads for OTC preparations for irregularity. Just go for fast food

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
That's a ripoff, especially when DelTaco has one taco for $0.39.
Not on Taco Tuesday when you can buy 3 tacos for $0.99! However, Del Taco's tacos are smaller than Taco Bell's, but I like Del Taco's hot sauce a lot better, so it evens out for me.

~T

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I remember when I was in high school in the late 80's we would have eating contests to see who could eat $10.00 (US) worth of Taco Bell. Not too tough now but was very difficult back then.

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
Back in school I knew these two guys that would have McDonald's cheeseburger eating contests. They would go through the drive through and ask for 50 cheeseburgers and would have to repeat the order several times. If I recall correctly the highest number one of them ate was around 35. Of course the sickening thing is all they could drink with them was Clamato.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Of course the sickening thing is all they could drink with them was Clamato.
"Clamato. How did they come up with that one? Who the hell ever drank a glass of tomato juice and said, 'Not bad, but it's missing something. I know, it needs fish!'?" - Richard Jeni

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
How about White Castle? I used to just get a pack of 20 sliders for something like 7 bucks and call it a day.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks