What's new

I think my connection gets "hung" HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

James L White

Supporting Actor
it seems to just stop temporarily, if I re-boot it works fine at least for a few minutes then it seems to hang up again, can someone who knows more about computer/the Internet give me some pointers on what to try and resolve this issue this is driving me nuts:angry: The dtrange thing is my network card continues to be "associated" I use wireless internet
Thanks for the help:)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
James, I can't solve your problem but I can say I'm in pretty much the same boat. I use a dial-up 56k line and I hang up (stall out) all the time. I wish I knew what caused it. I can disconnect from the net then reconnect and it works fine for an hour or so.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
:rolleyes
I've been getting this same thing for over a month now. The phone company fixed the line a few weeks before it started, and three separate tests have shown the line to be fine now. I don't know what the problem is, but the phone company hasn't been of much further help. I guess it's time to call my ISP.
I have an external modem, so I can track some of my symptoms. They are as follows: I can usually connect using V90, and everything works fine for anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. Then, it drops down to V34 and is useless. I don't mind so much when it works fine for a few hours. But, it more typically becomes useless every fifteen minutes or so.
:rolleyes

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I once heard that this is getting much more common over the last 2-3 years as phone companies/isps are putting less and less priority on dial up connections as the demand for always on high bandwidth connections grows. Also, there is a bigger liability for service continuity with something advertised as always on. People expect it to be always on and fast.

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, anyone have a solution to this problem: Any time I load a page on the internet, the page loads but then it 'sticks', that is, I cant highlight or click on anything for about 15 seconds. Like I said, a page will load, the bar will say 'done', but it cant click on stuff or use the back button or anything for about 15 secs. Its driving me CRAZY as you can imagine. By the way I have Amertech DSL, but the problem was there with dial-up, so I dont think the connection is the problem.
Thanks for any help. Mike:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks