What's new

I think I stumbled across a rare gem in Wal Mart but aren't sure. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm late starting this thread but it kept slipping my mind, two months ago I was in a Wal Mart in West Virginia and I just so happened to see the DVD of Little Shop of Horrors in the $5.00 bin and so I picked it up.

Now, it is the 1986 remake with Rick Moranis and i've read over the years that this DVD had a certain defect and was pulled, consequently becoming a collectors item, my question obviously is this that DVD or some reissue that I didn't know about?

One clue that tells me it might be the original pulled disc is the case, it's in the old snapper case that Warner doesn't use anymore, but in addition to that is there some defining characteristic that I should look for on the case that would tell me for sure, like a certain code or number?

It's still in the plastic and I want to find out before I open it, if it is the rare one i'll just leave it in the plastic.

TommyJD

Stunt Coordinator
The "rare" DVD would have an alternate animated ending as a special feature and it would be listed on the back.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
you dont have the rare version.

the not rare version has been easily findable for years.

the rare version isnt even available on ebay right now.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member

The alternate (actually original) ending wasn't animated- it was a fully live-action, big special effects sequence showing the plants taking over the world. On that original rare LITTLE SHOP dvd it was transfered from a black-and-white dupe of the workprint, but it was not animation, it was live-action puppetry and effects.

Vincent

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
vincent i posted the video in the post before yours

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks