i think i may have the bug...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David_Stein, Feb 28, 2002.

1. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

unfortunately, 2 years of ugrad and 4-5 years of grad work will force this infatuation with home theatres to simmer for a while.

so i was sitting in class today, and we are in a computer cluster in a new building, so the room is really modern. As my professor was rambling on about the gibbs free energy of something i found myself contemplating how ideal that room is for a home theatre, man i wish i could find a layout of the this cluster to post but i couldnt (but there is a giant white board thats probably 16'x9' that would be the perfect place for a screen...)

anyways, just thought you guys would find this amusing and maybe im not the only one who sizes up rooms for suitability for home theatres...

2. GaryD

GaryD Auditioning

If it were me I'd be trying to figure out how to get some networked gaming going there. [​IMG]

3. MichaelGomez

MichaelGomez Stunt Coordinator

I am at Indiana University and they already beat me to it. All of the lecture halls have screens, front projectors, speakers, vcr, laserdisk, computer hookup and a few others that I don't know about. One class that I took was cyber fed to IUPUI (we are in Bloomington and they are in Indianapolis). Our teacher taught half the class then the IUPUI prof. did the rest. Gotta love technology.

4. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

thats how this room is, the whiteboard actually pulls apart in the middle and has a rear projector tv type thing. its gotta be 60" or more, and there is a podium at the front which has a tv that can connect to the tv, and a dvd player, laser disc player, vcr, and some other stuff. there are also some cameras for distance learning/teaching we do with lehigh and also with one of our professors that is spending a semester back in his home country of belgium. if that wasnt cool enough any of the computers in teh cluster can have its monitor mirrored to the tv, and all the electron microscopes in the whole lab (and there are 4 or 5 there) can be controlled by any of the computers. its really sweet. im at carnegie mellon university in pittsburgh...

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

don't feel bad.
    i'm house-shopping (sort-of) and the first thing i think of is where and how i can integrate one of the rooms into a ht.
    i think about where i can put the tv, the components, the speakers, how i will run the wiring, is there too much light in the room, how will the acoustics sound, blah, blah, blah.
    it's driving me girlfriend crazy... [​IMG]