1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

I think I killed my Anthem Remote

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Minesh Patel, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Minesh Patel

Minesh Patel Stunt Coordinator

I just bought a used Anthem with remote, and it was working fine, but I was having trouble getting it to learn new codes for my gear. I read somewhere that this remote is OEM'd by One For All for Anthem, so I tried the Setup-9-8-0 code to clear any previously learned commands, but I seem to have killed everything. Now I can't even adjust the volume, power, source, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I going to have to buy a new remote?

Note: Also posted at remotecentral.com

2. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

Minesh,

Can you enter in the default AVM-20 codes that are listed on page 69 of the v2.1x owner's manual? For the AVM-20, they are 0040 for Main, 0041 for Zone 2 and 0042 for Zone 3.

Michael

3. Minesh Patel

How am I supposed to enter them? Press Main (at the top) then Learn then 0-0-4-0? I tried that but get a long light instead of two blinks. The same thing happens when I try to progam individual devices, such as the dvd player (dvd button at the bottom, then Learn, then 0-4-9-0).

How much does a replacement remote cost, anyway?

4. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

Did u try removing the batteries for long enough to kill all memeory, that may reset it.

5. Minesh Patel

I haven't tried removing the batteries, but I don't think it will work. The remote OEM'd by All For One, & their remotes typically have non-volatile memory.

6. Minesh Patel

Tom,
    I did even better - I just talked to tech support, and the news is not encouraging. It seems I somehow managed to wipe ALL programming, not just the learned stuff. He wasn't sure why I'm not able to reprogram stuff, but the bottom line is it'll take more time (& money) to reprogram this remote than to just buy a new one.

Given the MSRP of the Anthem remote (~$90), he suggested I look into a Pronto, which they have a link to the programming on their website, or a Harmony or Theater Master, which are also really popular & well supported at remotecentral.com

7. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

Have you tried new or different batteries? Also, make sure that none of the buttons are stuck.

Michael

8. George Kouzev

George Kouzev Stunt Coordinator

If nothing works, put it in the microwave on high for one minute.... just kidding[​IMG]

The suggestion from Anthem for a Pronto remote is a good one, better than spending $90 on the same type remote.

GK

9. Charles Gurganus

Charles Gurganus Supporting Actor

Sell it on ebay. Folks will buy almost anything.

10. Minesh Patel

Thanks for all the replies. I decided to buy a Harmony 659 - maybe I'll sell my dead remote on ebay [​IMG]