What's new

I think I have a stuck pixel (or two) (1 Viewer)

PaulDF

Second Unit
I've had my LCD projector now for a few weeks, and though I love it, I do have a small problem.

There is a small green spot near the top middle of the screen. Actually if you look at it closely enough, it is one dot directly overtop another, so two green dots.

During widescreen viewing the dot is about vertically and horizontally centered in the black bar. Very noticable overtop the black bar. During 4:3 or fullscreen viewing the dot is really not that noticable, unless the screen is dark.

Since I first noticed it I suspected it was a stuck pixel, and was not sure if this kind of thing is covered under warranty?

I have read that an hour or so of displaying a static screen might help, so I will try it but I have my doubts.

What can I do about this?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
You'll have to ask about your warranty, stuck pixels can be covered, but it depends on the manufacturer policy and the amount of time that has expired. Stuck greens are very annoyingly visible, if it's blue esp it's much less likely to be annoying.

you should call your seller and inquire about your warranty, etc.

PaulDF

Second Unit
Thanks Chris. My salesman is looking into it for me. But in the meanwhile, I did try to play some black/white static, not an easy thing to do... But, I think it worked. I have looked for the green dot with a few sources and cannot see it. I haven't watched a movie since I tried it, but as far as I can tell, its gone...

I don't know much about stuck pixels, but I read that they are not very common anymore... Are they likely to come and go? Or are they usually irreversible?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks