What's new

I think I have a bad Amp! (1 Viewer)

Greg P

Stunt Coordinator
I have tried all the suggestions about sealing my box better, and I have followed them. I doulble sealed the box. I have had it sealed on the inside and the baffle, and still the same problem. I switched the amp from bridged to stereo mode(Crest Lt-1000) and no lights come on) nothing. This must be one with the wire problem can anyone veryify this? I think I have a bad amp. Man am I pissed. I am calling the distributer tomorrow. If they dont help me get this fixed I am going to raise hell.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Greg, what might be a simple fix is to check the fuses (might be either missing or damaged by shipping) because if your amp didn't make any rattling noises when moved (this would indicate that maybe something came loose) then it might simply be something minor (also if the power cord is detachable, replace with another for testing). Hope this helps and I know it's a bummer when amps are down (I popped a fuse the Christmas before last on Christmas eve, no sound for two days).

Greg P

Stunt Coordinator
Robert,

The amp will turn on in Bridged Mode and run, but I have noticed when it is running kind of hard (moderate -15) the sub would sound like it is bottoming out. I then put the unit in stereo mode and it would not turn on. This leads me to believe it has a bad channel. The Lt-1000 has had other units that have had this problem.

After I left a pretty nasty message last night at Audio East the guy called me back this morining and said he would get me a new unit as soon as he recieves the old one. So Im better now. They seem to have good service, and I dont think they knew they sent me a bad one. The guy said it came straight from a distributor(it was a B stock).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks