I think Byron Hadley didn't age enough in Shawshank

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ace peterson, Mar 22, 2002.

1. ace peterson

ace peterson Second Unit

Did anyone else think that? I mean when you compare him to Andy, Red, the Warden, and some of the supporting actors, it seems to me that Hadley didn't age much at all. They all were getting seriously grey hair and wrinkles and the Warden had a change of glasses and hair style as well.

Hadley looked like he was at least 30 yrs old when the movie opened (he was already captain). Then some 20 years pass before he gets taken away which would make him roughly 50 years old...

2. Jeff Rogers

Jeff Rogers Second Unit

Good question
    Maybe it's because he needed to stay young in order to be Denzel Washington's gaurd in The Hurricane. Just my 2 cents

3. Ches Campbell

Ches Campbell Stunt Coordinator

Good question. I never even thought about that. Maybe it was just a mistake in the production if the movie. I would like to know the answer (if there is one) myself.
    Later

4. Luc D

Luc D Second Unit

Honestly, does it really matter?

But I guess you could say that a fifty year old man does not look as threatening as a man in his thirties. Maybe the fact that they (Hadley and perhaps the warden) look younger makes their fall a little more tragic, and more satisfying for the viewer.

5. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer
    Supporter

Carl III
    I just assumed that he was taking the same vitamins as the principal in Back to the Future.

6. ace peterson

ace peterson Second Unit