What's new

I Think All Music Retailers Have Cameras In Thier Parking Lots (1 Viewer)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Ok, I pick up the new Sheryl Crow cd today and it takes me like 10 minutes to unwrap all the labers,security stickers etc... I think they have cameras in the parking lot so they can time us or laugh at how silly we look like trying to open these cd's.:D I am ,really not a newbie at this, but it seems like it was much easier years ago. Oh well, on to listen!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I will share with you ancient-record store employee-secret for opening CDs

Find yourself a table with a hard edge

Run CD down it, this will rip the shrink

Pop the bottom hinge on the jewel case, flip up and over and this will remove the sticker.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
Watch out, Jeff, they guard those secrets pretty closely!

Ryan, remembering his days behind the counter...

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i generally run a key down the crease where the hinge of the spine and jewel case cover meet and pull the shrink wrap off...then perform the unhinge and fold technique to remove the sticker.

kevin t

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Man, why haven't I been using the fold technique. All these years you think I would have learned.
BTW, they were probably laughing just as bad years ago when we were ripping through 18 trees worth of long box to get to the CD. :)
My buddy and I would do bi-weekly payday runs to the CD store back then and would fill the car with longbox refuse on the way home (even though we had no CD player in the car at the time - they were still very rare and expensive then).
Longboxes make me feel old, and those aren't even that old themselves. Amazing how quickly things change.
NP - "Are You Experienced?" original US version

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Costco still sells all their CDs and DVDs in longboxes around here...
A few places have started putting the "sticky" security device enclosed tape on BOTH the top and bottom...:angry: so the fold thing won't work with those.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks