I swear, people are getting stupider by the minute

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Julian Reville, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

Police: Bull mutilation suspects wanted steak

Web posted Friday, December 10, 2004
    By Josh Gelinas | South Carolina Bureau
    AIKEN - The five people charged with mutilating a bull and leaving it dead in the road had planned to eat the animal, authorities said Thursday.

But there were several things working against them, said Otto McCarty, the bull's owner.

First, he lives on Wire Road, about two miles from Aiken County Detention Center. Second, bulls don't like to be pulled behind trucks.

"Can you imagine how smart that was?" he said. "They were going to drive it right past the sheriff's office."

And lastly, a week before the 600-pound jersey bull was taken Oct. 5, someone stabbed the animal about 35 or 40 times, Mr. McCarty said.

The attack left the animal badly wounded and Mr. McCarty pumped it full of antibiotics, so he wouldn't have recommended eating the meat.

"It probably would have killed them," Mr. McCarty said.

The Aiken County Sheriff's Office has arrested Brent A. Aiken, 19; Jerry R. Bell, 20; Anthony J. Smith, 23; and Barbara J. Rogers, 37; who all reside in the 900 block of Croft Avenue in Aiken.

They've also arrested Henry A. Green, 17, of the 300 block of Bradley Lane in Aiken, and have a warrant out for Emily Johnson, 20, who is in Alabama.

Mr. Aiken, Mr. Bell and Mr. Smith are charged with two counts of malicious injury to real property worth more than $1,000 and stealing livestock worth more than $1,000.

Ms. Rogers, Ms. Johnson and Mr. Green are charged with malicious injury to real property worth more than $1,000.

Ms. Rogers also is charged with criminal conspiracy.

Authorities say all six suspects attacked Mr. McCarty's bull Sept. 28 with a baseball bat, knife and pitchfork. They say Mr. Aiken, Mr. Bell and Mr. Smith returned Oct. 5 and tied a rope around the bull's neck.

The suspects told investigators the bull walked behind the truck until it grew tired and fell. They left the animal lying in the road, where it caused a single-car wreck.

2. Scott Strang

Scott Strang Screenwriter

Yep those people are some real stupid fu*kers.

3. BrettB

BrettB Producer

While reading the story my mind was ablaze with intelligent, insightful commentary which I planned to share in this posting. However, now as I type I am not being able to think about what i was want to post. this is furstrateng!

o well, peeple r realy dumhead somtime. :0

4. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

We're doomed as a race...

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

what.the.fuck.

6. Mark Paquette

Mark Paquette Supporting Actor

People that abuse animals really piss me off!! What's wrong with these idiots? Maybe someone should take a pitchfork to them.

7. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    I simply don't understand this level of cruelty. This goes way beyond "stupidity."

+bites tongue+ on the rest

8. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

to call these people idiots....is an insult to idiotic people.

9. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

...............I..............umm.............*sig h*...

10. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Unbelieveable. And it took 6 people to come up with that brilliant plan. [​IMG]

Hey dumbasses!! Haven't you ever heard of Outback? Jeez!!

I also note that one of the perps, who live in the town of Aiken in Aiken County, is named Aiken. You have to assume he's a descendant of whoever the town & county were named after. Bet the family's REAL proud of him!!

11. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

"Beef....it's what you're in jail for."

12. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

Oh why, oh why couldn't they at least have eaten the meat, it'd save that county the money for lethal injection.[​IMG]

13. Julian Reville

Follow up story and link if you want to see what these losers look like:
    Charges made in burglaries, arson

Investigation of bull mutilation leads to evidence

Web posted Saturday, December 11, 2004
    By Jim Nesbitt | South Carolina Bureau

AIKEN - Additional but unrelated charges of burglary and arson have been filed against three of the five people charged with mutilating a bull and leaving it dead in the middle of an Aiken County road, authorities said Friday.

The jailed trio, along with a fourth man, were charged in connection with two burglaries at a Wright's Mill Road convenience store and the ransacking of a home on Wire Road where the owner's car was set on fire, said Lt. Michael Frank, Aiken County Sheriff's Office spokesman.

Brent A. Aiken, 19, of the 900 block of Croft Avenue in Aiken, was charged with first-degree burglary, two counts of second-degree burglary and third-degree arson in connection with the car fire.

In addition, Mr. Aiken faces first-degree arson charges in Edgefield County in the Thanksgiving Day fire that destroyed a produce stand in Johnston that was housed in an old cotton gin, Lt. Frank said.

Mr. Aiken turned himself in to authorities last weekend in Edgefield County, where bond was set at $150,000, but he is now being held in the Aiken County detention center on $160,000 bond.

Lt. Frank said the other three suspects were each charged with first-degree burglary and two counts of second-degree burglary. They are Jerry R. Bell, 20, who also lives at the Croft Avenue address; William G. Bell, 18, of the 3000 block of County Road 26, Billingsley, Ala.; and Henry A. Green, 17, of the 300 block of Bradley Lane in Aiken.

William Bell is being held at the Shelby County, Ala., jail on unrelated charges, Lt. Frank said. Jerry Bell and Henry Green are being held in the Aiken County detention center - Mr. Bell on a $75,000 bond and Mr. Green on a $25,000 bond.

The burglaries took place in November, Lt. Frank said.

On Nov. 11 and Nov. 24, more than one person climbed through the roof of Wright's Mill Grocery in Aiken. They took beer, candy and cigarettes and caused about $1,000 in damage. Investigators recovered some of the stolen items at the Croft Avenue address.

Also on Nov. 24, a home on Wire Road in Aiken was ransacked and the homeowner's car set on fire, Lt. Frank said. Both incidents took place near the Wire Road farm of Otto McCarty, the owner of the bull that was mutilated, pulled behind a truck and left for dead Oct. 5.

Mr. Aiken, Jerry Bell and Mr. Green were among five people charged in connection with the mutilation of Mr. McCarty's bull. Anthony J. Smith, 23, and Barbara J. Rogers, 37, who also live at the Croft Avenue address, also were charged. Authorities have a warrant out for Emily Johnson, 20, who lives in Alabama.

http://www.augustachronicle.com/stories/121104/met_2799631.shtml

I messed up this hyperlink and I'm too stupid to fix it. Damn, it must be contagious. Can a moderator fix it please?

14. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

My guess is the descendants of the "original" Mr. Aiken have been furiously inbreeding for the past several generations, so young Mr. Aiken's family (all of them being his first cousins) might very well be proud of him. [​IMG]

Regards,

Joe

15. Julian Reville

But boinking first cousins is a time-honored Southern tradition. I even have FCILTF. [​IMG]

I don't mutilate animals, though.

16. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

What's FCILTF?

17. Julian Reville

Thomas, think MILTF and substitute first cousins for mothers.