I still feel guilty

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adil M, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

Well, I've been dabbling in sales and unfortunately in the last week I've sold count them 3 BOSE systems... arrghh.
    They come in and request to audition the BOSE. I audition them and toss in the Polk and Infinity systems. They always ask which I like and I tactfully explain that I like the Polk setup. They have chosen the BOSE setup and walked out w/ it. At least the BOSE setup is on sale for 200 less then it used to be. Now I don't feel bad, but just odd at doing something, b/c it's my job where if I was just a random customer I'd probably be really pushy about not buying the BOSE. I always have informed them that BOSE does hold it's value well in case they ever upgrade (probably to another BOSE). Now I'm not looking for any reaffirmation, b/c I feel I am always doing the right thing, but still got that funny feeling in my gut for acting against my conscience.

2. Ron Etaylor

Ron Etaylor Second Unit

Sounds like to me you did the right thing. Hey, you offered them some alternatives and gave an honest opinion when asked. That's above and beyond what some would do.
    You know that many of those customers will be perfectly happy with Bose.