What's new

I Spit On Your Grave DVD or LD? (1 Viewer)

C

Christina_V

Which would be the best to get this film on?
I heard the sound quality on the dvd supposed to really bad....going from to low through to loud ect,so i have avoided it for now.
Is the LD the same or has better audio?

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I haven't seen this one for a while but the DVD sound wasn't that bad. I seem to remember it suiting the low-budget film.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for this one. If you're into gore / shock films, you will want to see it, for completeness sake. But it's nowhere near as "interesting" as films like Salo or Cannibal Holocaust. I remember renting it from Netflix a while back; you may want to try getting it from them rather than buying it.

Tony Lai

Stunt Coordinator
>Which would be the best to get this film on?

DVD.

>I heard the sound quality on the dvd supposed to really bad....going from to low through to loud ect,so i have avoided it for now.

My copy sounded fine the one (1) time I've seen it. Bit low volume and some tape hiss but nowhere near as bad as I expected. I had no dynamic problems.

>I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for this one. If you're into gore / shock films, you will want to see it, for completeness sake. But it's nowhere near as "interesting" as films like Salo or Cannibal Holocaust.

Hmmm... it's more interesting than both of them for film compleatists. Salo is the worst piece of crap I've seen pretty much period. Horror, gore, sadism, torture are certainly great ways to go however please don't bore me to death.

The cinematography is beautiful and let's just say that as horrific as the *two* rape scenes are; they aren't the worst parts...

T.

C

Christina_V

Thanks!
Well i do have it on VHS from AB,which i'm sure used Elites transfer and the sound was good...so i was wondering if the dvds worth getting since VHS doesn't last?
I don't think the movie is nearly as bad as it'a reputed to be and much better than i expected it also. Sure it's hard to watch....especially the grueling rape scenes.....but thats the point....it'not so supposed to be a "fun" film...but show how horrible this stuff really is.
Though i do prefer Last House on the Left with it's twisted change of tone throughout + some pretty tough,unrelenting sad moments.....which makes for one wild ride.
I Spit,doesn't have any humor in it......though the guys are so stupid,they do make me laugh,just be cause of how ignorant they really are. So it's a much tougher film to sit through,but still it's not bad as people say.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I just didn't find it to be terribly well made. The graphic violence didn't bother me, nor did the gore. I was intrigued by the idea of the film, but not by the final product. That's all I was trying to say. Cheers.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
My copy of this film suffers from minor pixelization in one spot. Otherwise, this absolute greatest of cinematic masterpieces looks just fine on DVD. What a film. Puts Citizen Kane to shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks