What's new

I spent the night in a submarine under heavy bombardment from a German destroyer... (1 Viewer)

...thank you HTF!!!

Six months ago, I had a 36" directview TV, cheapy Sony receiver, and a no-name set of speakers I bought at the BX on base.

Three months ago, I got divorced and my wife took it all. Yay!

Two months ago, I found HTF, did HOURS of research, and now have:
Hitachi 65XWX20B HDTV
Denon 3803 Receiver
Denon 3800 DVD Player
Energy Encore 7.1 surround sound

The speakers were the toughest decision, but you guys at HTF have a wealth of information, so I at least had a good starting point. My "dream system" before finding this place always included a top-of-the-line Bose sound system....

Last night I popped in U-571 and cranked it up. WOW! The submarine was creaking and dripping all around me! The dive alarm sounds from behind me to the right, the chief yelling "Dive!" from the left, depth charges exploding all around...it was intense! That was the best theater experience of my life. I owe that to HTF.

I also watched Pearl Harbor. Wowed again. Planes were flying through my living room! Amazing!

So, I just wanted to thank all of you for helping me get my dream theater set up. I also wanted to testify for the components of my system, especially the Energy Encore system...phenomenal.

Thank you again HTF!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Sorry, and congratulations at the same time. Speakers are the most difficult thing to choose in my opinion, just a little more so than front projection. It is a very subjective thing.

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
"Three months ago, I got divorced and my wife took it all. Yay!"

Sorry about that. My HT/2 channel bug was rekindled after my wife left me for her boss. Poor guy...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks