What's new

i spent a week at san antonio (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
riverwalk rocks! the coolest place in town, period. it was very romantic ( too bad my baby boy didnt understand that word at all ).

the hotel was red roof inn, 1011 east houston. 10 minutes away ( walking distance ) from where siggraph2002 was being held. rivercenter mall was basically located just across the street.

we didnt try to eat in the riverwalk restaurant because budget was tight, and my wife is picky. besides, my baby was really naughty that we had to tie him up in his baby stroller all the time, otherwise he might try to jump to the river.

btw, now i know what siggraph is all about. for me, attending siggraph was just like watching a full blown "the making of" features on dvd. i personally watched stuart little 2, reign of fire, spiderman, and a new disney movie that is going to be released this christmas. there were also educational seminars, but the lecturers talked so god damn fast that i left most educational seminars after only a few hours.

next year siggraph is going to san diego. woohoo! san diego here i come...

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Did ya hang out with George Kaplan? :D
I visited San Antonio with my family back in 1976 and thought the riverwalk was pretty cool as well. Glad you had a good time. :)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
georrrgee whooo?

btw, i also visited the north star mall. touted as the biggest mall in town, and we were dissapointed with it. it was basically a one story mall. it was big, but it didnt have any interesting thing to see. i mean, the architecture was sooo out fashioned. but the food court was good. my baby wanted to play with the fountains there. what a trouble maker. so, we prefer rivercenter mall to northstar. i even watched stuart little 2 at the amc theater there.

if you asked me whether i would like to stay there for the rest of my life, the answer is simply a big no. i prefer living in or near a big city with skyscrappers, with shops and stores everywhere. we didnt realize that the hotel we lived in was located at downtown area! we thought it was faaaaar away from downtown because it was so "peaceful". and hot.

paul_v

Second Unit
I went to san antonio for a weekend earlier this year and stayed atthe Emily Morgan Hotel (across the street from the ALamo). My fiancee and I took a carraige ride and the driver told us that the Hotel was haunted. Boy I had fun with that by making remarks all night to my fiancee. "I wonder if a ghost is watching us, Hon" "Hey Hon, did you just hear that?" "I just felt a cold breeze in the room!" hehehe I dont think she slept too well.

San Antonio is a great place for a weekend escape and convenient for me since I only live 5 hours away in Dallas

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks