What's new

I Shot Andy Warhol (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I bought this DVD at a used record store a few weeks ago and just realized today when I went to read some reviews at Amazon.com and get info regarding aspect ratio for projection... that my DVD is NOT the same one as listed!

It doesn't have the yellow cover with the "Aant-Garde Cinema" banner. In fact, it doesn't even appear to be an MGM release!

Instead it has the original theatrical poster art with Lili Taylor standing in a classic Gary Cooper stance, poised for showdown with her pistol drawn and mirrored 3 times in front of a greyish colored background print.

It indicates that it's distributed exclusively in Canada by Seville Pictures.

I'm not sure if that's the production house as well or if they simply retained distribution rights.

Anyways, I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but I'm curious if anyone knows anything about this edition and whether the transfer is sourced from the same image as the MGM disc and if it's a quality disc?

I can't seem to find any more information, comparisons or reviews online either.

Can anyone vouch for this disc and is it on par with the wide-released MGM DVD?

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I looked on Amazon.ca and they have a copy being released in 2002, but no artwork. The MGM was released in 2003.

Have you watched the DVD yet? I wouldn't worry TOO much about the transfer, as it was a rather low budget film, that wasn't shot under the best conditions to begin with.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Jon,

Im watching it now, not too into it though...

The transfer's nothing to right home about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks