What's new

I screwed something up and I need help! (1 Viewer)

Paul D Young

Second Unit
Hello,
I'm using Internet Explorer 5 and Windows 98 SE.
I recently installed a program called MGI PhotoSuite that came with my new digital camera. It messed up my file associations for JPG and GIF.
I re-associated them to Internet Explorer like I wanted but each time I clicked a picture it opens a new window of Internet Explorer.
I followed these directions to correct it: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;199292
It did not solve the problem. Now, everytime I click a JPG I get an error message window that says:
"Cannot find the file 'C:My Documents(insert file extension here).jpg' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available."
And the picture opens up anyway! But everytime one does, I get the error message. It goes away when I unclick the "Use DDE" box in the editing action for JPG open command.
What the heck do I do now? I just want the computer to run like it did 24 hours ago!
Any info will be appreciated!

Paul D Young

Second Unit
I updated IE and that led to a bunch of other problems with web pages displaying improperly. I went back and tried different versions. Only 6.0 without service packs worked properly and corrected the original problems.

Now I have new problems. When I am viewing a JPG and I say "Save As" a BMP, it saves as a JPG anyway!

Now I'm confused (and annoyed) again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks