I saw the best speakers in my life yesterday!!!

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Burki, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Burki

Burki Agent

I'm living in Hungary and for 3 days there is a Hi-Fi Show at Hilton Hotel.Of course first day i was there [​IMG] They divided 5 floors of Hilton only for this show and every hi-fi shop rented a room to show their products. I have a small budget and new to hi-fi world so my only aim was to look for a pioneer receiver which has a preamp outs and a pair of jbl's(Nothridge series-Bookshelfs).I saw a room full of HKs and JBLs so i got inside.They made me a show with HK AVR4500 using a pair of JBL E80's.It was nice.The sound was not so good first time but when the guy put the volume up wow like a concert.But for me if you buy these you should need a good sub woofer also. By the wasy HK is a dream for me because of its high price at Europe. [​IMG]

Then i started look around and heard a really relaxing song in room and stoped by.The room was full of Klipsch speakers and Klipsch receiver,amplifier and a dvd player. Mains were RF-5 i think and there were 3 subwoofers waiting to show off [​IMG]

I listened the sound of these speakers with their own amp and one word wort to give what they want.Its was amazing.I couldnt get myself out of the room. [​IMG] I ve never heard such a beautiful and pure relaxing sound ever.But im sure that system hell of a price.

I just wanted to share my thoughts here and if you have any with these speakers plz write.

Thx

2. DavidVT

DavidVT Stunt Coordinator

Burki,

There are alot of people who love their Klipsch speakers, I am included in the bunch. But, I prefer the RF3II's or RF3.5's over the RF5's. If price were not an issue, I would have definetly gotten the RF7's. I did not know that Klipsch made a receiver? Also, if you ever have the chance to audition the SVS line of subwoofers, please do so. IMHO they are leaps and bounds above the Klipsch subs.

3. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

When I demoed theRF series the 3 and 7 sound better to me than the 5's. I purchased the 3s then shortly upgraded to the rf7s andnever looked back. I loved the 3 but feel the rf7s were that and a lot more.

Honestly anyway you go with the REference series it will be a listening experience

scott