What's new

I saw Sarah Mclachlan yesterday!! (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Mods: Hope its Ok that I started a thread about this. If its not cool feel free to merge this into the Afterglow thread. Thanks.

Yesterday Sarah did a "One on One" apperance at a local radio station for about 100 to 150 people. Passes were impossible to get but my sister works there so she was able to sneak me in. God Bless her!

Sarah was set up on a small stage in a garage. There was no band; just her on a piano. In between songs she did a Q&A with the audience (I got picked to talk to her/ask a question, she looked right at me. I was in heaven :D ).

She sang 5 songs.

Building a mystery
Push
Angel
Fallen
Posession*

*She wasnt supposed to sing this. After she did the first four songs she asked if we wanted one more song. Of course we applauded. She was asking what we wanted and I yell "Possession!" She sings it. We were told later by the radio people that her manager told them backstage that Sarah hasnt sang that song in months and she only sings it when she really feels good and likes a crowd.

This was one of the most incredible experiences of my life!

PS: If you guys think shes beautiful, try seeing her in person about 12ft away from you!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Said it before but I saw her open for Bruce Cockburn in a club about 3 feet away when her Touch CD was just released. And then I was about a foot away when I talked with her afterwards at the bar. We sat and chatted about 10 minutes in all. One of those once in a lifetime experiences.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Tommy,
I remember you posting that story in the Afterglow discussion thread. Even though you got to talk to her personally; I feel as you do about the "Once in a lifetime" experiences. Thats how I feel about yesterday. This was so intimate and cool.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Matt, when I saw her it was about 13 years ago. I'm wondering if she is starting to look her age. She was about 23 years old or so when I saw her.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Hehehe, I think she's aging very well...mmmmm still as gorgeous today as when touch came out.

Lucky bastards. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks