I said goobye to my 42" GW III yesterday......

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Danny Beck, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Danny Beck

Danny Beck Stunt Coordinator

After 3 months of service for my GW III it's fan began making noises and getting louder. I was told that is the first sign that your bulb is having problems and I wasn't about to wait around after hearing that, so I immediately went to my local retailer I purchased it from. He admitted all the problems and even verified the production halt which occured recently. He offered me a full credit for the tv and stand and I went about picking out a new tv.

I ended up with the Sony 34" XBR910. Yeah, i'm back to a tube tv but to me it means peace of mind. I don't feel like I have any worries with a tube and especially an XBR tube. The new XBR was delivered yesterday and after setting everything up I am stunned at the quality of this tv. The image is basically perfection. Thats the only way I can describe it. Not a single complaint to find and I even noticed a difference in the "grain" I often noticed with my GW III. It must have been the GW III converting the signal to 788p which is the native resoultion of that set. My new XBR910 does not show the grain I saw in many movies on my GW III. The difference was clear.

So, to anyone who is worried about their new LCD projection sets I can assure you there is a fantastic alternative in the XBR910 and it even costs less! I thought I was going to miss those 8 inches of screen but in the end I honestly feel the trade off in picture quailty was totally worth the loss in screen size.

Dan

2. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

And you don't have to worry about your house blowing away in a strong wind either [​IMG]

Mort

3. Danny Beck

It's not that heavy. [​IMG]

Dan

4. JoshuaT

JoshuaT Stunt Coordinator

I don't know how happy I would be from 15 feet with 8 less inches! The XBR is nice though!

5. Danny Beck

Well, thats why I would never sit 15 feet away from my tv. [​IMG] I sit about 7-8 feet away. That is just fine for this set.

Dan

6. Eric Pfoutz

Eric Pfoutz Auditioning

Danny- Well from a pure performance point of view nothing can touch your new direct view. So you got that going for ya[​IMG]

7. Scott L

Scott L Producer

After trying to watch some of those downloadable HD clips on my LCD it made me want to hook up my 17" CRT bad. I still love my 32" ntsc Wega.