What's new

I SAID be QUIET in the theater! (1 Viewer)

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I think the whole thing is funny. The shooter must be crazy or he would not have sat back down thinking he could finish the movie. The guy who got shot much have been crazy too. If you run your pie hole so much that someone has to shoot you to get you to shut up there must be a problem.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Judging by that fellow's photo it looks like his elevator doesn't go all the way to the top anyway. When I read the article I thought it was funny due to it bizarre nature. The absurdity of shooting someone in a crowded theatre because they are talking is sort of funny in a bizarre way, but the thing that really made me laugh was the double absurdity of sitting down to finish watching a movie after committing the felony of attempted murder.

I could just picture this exchange when the Cops showed up:

Cops: Sir, You're under arrest for attempted murder.

Him: Shhh! Could you be quiet? I already shot one guy for talking during this film.

Cops: We're sorry sir, but you are under arrest. You have the right to remain silent........

Him (annoyed): Can't this wait until after the movie is over? I really want to see how it ends. :laugh:

I hope people don't think I'm being callous but this is how bizarre it seems to be getting nowadays.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Edwin,
Love your sig! Great line. Kinda Ironic in the thread though. :laugh:

This story is funny and sad at the same time,

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Edwin's sig has always left me with a lingering question, though: What happens when you do have to talk? Do you talk, then shoot? Do you talk and shoot at the same time? Or do you just shoot off your mouth? ;)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I can't believe I didn't spot that. Thanks for pointing it out. I had a good laugh.

I agree that it is funny and sad at the same time. Luckily, the victim was only lightly wounded and nobody else ended up injured or dead from the bullet.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Judging by some of my past comments that last one works for me. I just make sure to keep my feet really clean. Dirty foot tastes sooooo bad.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Really?!? You know of Spike Jonze but have never heard of David Fincher?

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
The shooter did what many people would do if not for fear of consequences.

Haven't we all encountered A-holes from time to time who disrespect people around him/her? That's why I hate going to the movies, because when I do, I put myself at the mercy of people like that. The only reason I still go is because my GF likes going. We went on Christmas night, and I literally feared for our safety. In all honesty, I'd feel safer being armed.

I'll veer off on a slight tangent -- "We can't laugh?" Lomax recalled asking.

That quote got to me. As I read between the lines, this story reeks of poor parenting ... even though the man involved was not the dad, just someone banging the mom. Anyway, it sounds like the kids were being loud and obnoxious (imaging that from teenagers), but instead of apologizing for their behavior, the "guardian" became defensive. And I imagine the tone of the "We can't laugh?" question was not a sincere question, but a message to F off.

That response sends the totally wrong message. I see that way too much from my personal experience. No matter how rotten kids are, no matter how badly they screw up, the parents support them and defend them, which in the long run benefits no one.

But hey, I stopped expecting people to act rationally and responsibly long ago. And whaddaya know? I was right.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well in my native tongue, the
emoticon means, "I'm being totally serious!" so I hardly think it's my faux pas.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

True but what should the punishment be? Perhaps it's just the theaters I've been to but very few times are people kicked out for talking. I can't tell you how many times I've seen annoying teens in there cussing, pushing each other around and causing people trouble yet the theater lets them go. I'm sure they want their quarters in the game machines but if the company doesn't do anything then what can another theater goer do? Does one call the cops?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Think of each theater trip as an adventure. :P

Seriously, if you fear for your safety at a movie theater, may I suggest going to another one in a better part of town if at all possible?

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks