I really want an American Beauty SE

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jefe Noche, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Jefe Noche

Jefe Noche Stunt Coordinator

I just threw this in last night (first time in a couple years) and wow what a terrible transfer. This film is way too good and too recent to look this bad. It's got to be one of the worst anamorphic transfers I've seen. It probably suffers from way too much compression.

2. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

There's far too much jammed on a single sided disc.

I'd ask for the deleted scenes mentioned in the commentary (but I hear those were pulled at the last minute by Sam Mendes)

3. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

I too would very much like a remastered dual layered special edition of A.B. as it's one of my favourite movies of all time. I would pay any amount of money for it!

4. MarcusUdeh

MarcusUdeh Supporting Actor

I just bought this DVD. I had only seen this movie at least four times before I owned the disc. I guess to each his own is a very correct statement, because I love the video transfer. It looks like a theatrical print, with a velvety texture, and a moody color palette. As for Sam Mendes, removing the deleted scenes at the last minute, this was at the advice of Steven Spielberg. I believe it had to do with not cheapening the final released version. In way, I agree, but it would be nice to see some still photos from the exercised courtroom scenes.