I pride my self-control but...LONG

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CaseyLS, Feb 17, 2003.

1. CaseyLS

CaseyLS Second Unit

First off the background information: last year when I lived in one of the dorms at K-State I lived with my brother and one of his "former friends" and this "friend" decided that me and my brother would not be staying in the room for this year. Based on seniority bullcrap the "friend" got to keep the room.

Well my brother and I went our separate ways, he is living in an apartment this year and I returned to a different dorm. We have decided next year to save some money by living together next year. We were able to find a nice place and for 1000 sq ft for 400 we decided what the hell lets not worry about finding another roommate.

I talked to my "friends" brother (friend2) and told him what we were doing and about how big the place was and our extra two rooms.

Well "friend2" must have told "friend" about it because tonight at dinner in the cafeteria, while I was having a nice peaceful dinner with my brother (he works at the cafeteria so he eats there) our "friend" came up to us and in all of his blazing stupidity asked if he could live with us next year. My jaw dropped for about 10 seconds until I picked it off the table. Bare in mind this is the same friend who 1 year ago told me "God does not want you to live here next year. You will need to find a different room."

My brother and I proceeded to let out an onslaught of verbage. Due to rules of this board I will not say exactly what we said but "you damn prick" was about the nicest thing we said.

Man I was pissed for about three hours and could barely keep from shaking. But hey at least I didnt punch him in his face.

2. RogerB

RogerB Second Unit

"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."

- Benjamin Franklin

3. Jagan Seshadri

Jagan Seshadri Supporting Actor

God does not want you to live there?
    What, did you eat a forbidden apple?

-JNS

4. CaseyLS

CaseyLS Second Unit

No I think his family thought I would be a bad influance(sp) on his brother, because I actually go to class and have a job. That makes me a bad person.

5. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Casey, glad you at least told him how you felt. I know many people that would have caved in and said yes to him.

You should have told him, "God told us that He doesn't want you to live with us next year, so we must decline." [​IMG]

6. CaseyLS

CaseyLS Second Unit

Well Jeff since he kicked me out I have lost all respect for him and others in his family. It's weird when you go out of your way to help some one or their family numerous times and they screw you over. I was also mad at housing and dining because when they should have let me back in(by following their own rules) they didnt.

Casey

Jeff you can also come get your SPL meter and VE disk I finally got around to using it today. I pm'ed you too

7. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

It frightens me that some people are so clueless.

You should have told him he could move in and when he shows up on the doorstep with all his crap you could say (in your best Lumberg voice) "Um... yeah.. God just called. And he doesn't want you living here."

8. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

I would tell him:

"Sure, we would love to live with you again. But we don't want to piss off God so we'll have to decline. You understand. Have a nice whatever..."

9. CaseyLS

CaseyLS Second Unit

Not to turn this into a religious discussion but I went to the same church he did when we were growing up and I too have a firm belief but what made me mad was that he used his faith as an excuse to kick me and Eric, my brother, out of our room. Of course what really made my dad mad was about 3 weeks after he told us we werent going to be allowed back in, he sent our parents a letter asking for money for his vac.. missions trip. I mean, how damn thick headed could one individual be? Of course my parents sent him a nice letter back telling him why he wouldn't be getting any of their money and a few reasons why they thought he should get a job.

10. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

That guy sounds like the stereotypical freeloader you read about in fairytales and see in the movies (before they meet a violent end, hopefully).

He makes real bona-fide parasites look bad! Er, I mean, good.

11. CaseyLS

CaseyLS Second Unit

Yeah Max it's kinda funny you bring that up because people in my town call their life style the "Jones way" It's sad his dad has a degree in engineering and his mom has a degree in teaching. His dad works for True Value and his mom doesnt have a fulltime job. It just goes to show having a poor work ethic can hold you down in life, eh?